I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I am a new Cockapoo owner and I am looking for a bit of advice.
My 9 week old baby Mylo gets very anxious and cries and wails in the car, I need to do two 10 minute journeys each day with him and can understand he’s been put in at the deep end with no time to adjust to the car, can anyone suggest anything to make this better or any car tips.

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi folks

I am a new Cockapoo owner and I am looking for a bit of advice.
My 9 week old baby Mylo gets very anxious and cries and wails in the car, I need to do two 10 minute journeys each day with him and can understand he’s been put in at the deep end with no time to adjust to the car, can anyone suggest anything to make this better or any car tips.

Many thanks
Oh we had this with Rodney, he is now 4 months old and it look A LOT of small journeys to get him to calm down.
We have a crate in the boot with loads of blankets which gives some security and we leave a marrow bone in there so he has something familiar.

The only thing i think i could suggest is to teach him an exciting word like Park or something he cant resist (we say the pub as Rodney loves our local and gets treated like a king)
He knows when we say "Lets go to the pub" its going to be awesome.

It takes time and a lot of headaches but make it a really special ending to a car journey and this will be what Mylo will remember.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh we had this with Rodney, he is now 4 months old and it look A LOT of small journeys to get him to calm down.
We have a crate in the boot with loads of blankets which gives some security and we leave a marrow bone in there so he has something familiar.

The only thing i think i could suggest is to teach him an exciting word like Park or something he cant resist (we say the pub as Rodney loves our local and gets treated like a king)
He knows when we say "Lets go to the pub" its going to be awesome.

It takes time and a lot of headaches but make it a really special ending to a car journey and this will be what Mylo will remember.
Good Luck!
Thanks so much for your advice, I will give what you said a try - anything is worth a go, I think it’s going to be a case of throw everything at it and see what sticks 😂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts