I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Banned
Either call a vet for some Styptic Powder OR grab a dry bar of soap and gently rake the nail across the soap bar to block the blood-flow OR fill the palm of your hand with either Baby Powder / Baking Soda or flour and dip the nail into the powder coating it really well until the bleeding stops.

The trick is - after you have stopped the bleeding - to keep the dog lying down or sitting down for a good period of time so that the blood pressure does not start the bleeding again (get Tilly to rest have have a calm cuddle for a while X).

Hope this helps.

Stephen X

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either call a vet for some Styptic Powder OR grab a dry bar of soap and gently rake the nail across the soap bar to block the blood-flow OR fill the palm of your hand with either Baby Powder / Baking Soda or flour and dip the nail into the powder coating it really well until the bleeding stops.

The trick is - after you have stopped the bleeding - to keep the dog lying down or sitting down for a good period of time so that the blood pressure does not start the bleeding again (get Tilly to rest have have a calm cuddle for a while X).

Hope this helps.

Stephen X
Thanks a million Stephen,

Knew I could rely on my Cockapoo friends 馃槃馃槃馃槃馃槃馃槃馃槃馃槃

Jeanie x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.