I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

hey from big rob and saffi

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  wilfiboy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hi folks we are the very proud owners of saffi our 12 week old very cleaver cockapoo she can sit fetch and give her paw already she loves to please one thing though she is very reluctant to eat her food is this a common thing with cockapoos the vet says she is health and the right weight so it seems she is just not greedy will put photos up as soon as i can fathom out how to do it all the best to everyone will speak agane soon big rob

#2 ·
hey welcome, some puppys just arent greedy, i wouldnt wory to much, just dont leav it down all day, if she hasnt touched it in 10 mins then lift it ang give her nothing till next meal time. have a good play with her and try to burn off some energy to make her hungree.

cant wait for the photos

#4 ·
Wilf was and has always been a picky eater where as mable is a ganit ... Wilf would often eat food the first time it was givena dnthen not be interetsed after that have given raw barf patty then he got sick of thta and have had moat brands since .. the only thing he will eat religiously is his chicken wing that he has one of everyday... we tried pretending to eat his food to entice him, having a trail leading upto it worked sometimes lol ... when he was really little feeding it to him and to start with we were quite concerned but i think he eats when he's hungry but is quite heavy I always feel like the vet thinks Im lying when i go x

#9 ·
Hi there....

My 4 month old male is a very hungry boy...... clears the bowl too fast at times .... spoke to my breeder and both is parents are not greedy, so hope it will settle down with age... unlike me :)

I have a 2.5 year old cockapoo staying with us for a while and she is not a greedy girl, at all.

May just be a settling in thing.... just offer the food and pick up bowl after 20-30 mins .... they tend to eat when they need to, maybe keep an eye on her weight .... don't panick though as the vet would tell you if you had anything to worry about.

Enjoy cockapoo ownership .. its a blast!!!! fabulous dogs

#10 ·
My cockapoo Betty, who is nearly 11 months, is not a greedy dog at all. Some days she clears her bowl, others she eats a few biscuits and walks away. She's always hungry is fresh chicken or frankfurters are offered but with her actual food can take it or leave it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.