I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I picked up my first cockapoo Hamish on friday and he has settled in great so far! I have a two year old bichon Tedy who seems to approve of the new addition :)
I started a thread last week asking any advice you all had on how you thought Hamish's coat might turn out as he seams to be very smooth at the moment.
My breeder says that his coat will come in over time and should turn out straight/wavy with the tedy bear face but im not convinced:confused:
Ive checked out all the smoothies on hear and they are all lovely!!
Im going to attempt to upload some pics and would be interested to see what you all think of him and how he may turn out, also if any of your poos were like him as a pup!

look forward to hearing from you all and hope you will share some pics of your poos aswell!!

Nicole x

Attachments

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Hamish is lovely with beautiful bright eyes...
I suspect you will always be able to see his eyes and he will have an open smoothie face... but who knows? Brighton Barney looked fluffy as a pup and developed a beautiful smooth face and a wonderful curly back.
Who was the breeder? Generally the breeder should have a good idea of coat type and red coated cockers often have less furnishing (fluff) than other colours - was the cocker working or show and were both parents red? How did his coat compare with the other pups in the litter?
His colour is fabulous - enjoy him and keep posting pictures then we will all see how his coat develops.... we already know he will have the most wonderful character!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!
I got him from a couple just outside Hawick (Scottish Boarders)
They are hobbies breeders,
Mum is a red working cocker and dad a chocolate mini poodle, I met both!
there was a mix off pups in the litter, i would say there were only 3 pups that were distinctively wavy and the rest were like Hamish!
Breeder said that the ones that were wavy would end up with the tighter poodle curl and the rest including Hamish would come in wavy as they got older and the adult coat came in!
He is certainly a character already!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!!
yes the photos certainly make him look like butter wouldn't melt but i can assure you hes gonna be a cheeky chap!!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hamish is a stunning boy and a lovely red. Yes like marzi said barney was wavy and has turned out open faced. He now has quiet a wavy Mohican hair down his back! :)
Molly was not as curly as her siblings and we thought she would look quiet spaniel like,but we have had many changes as she's grown. She now feels quiet wooly! Like a little black sheep :D Sid being only just over a year seem to still be changing,some of his hair has quiet a tight curl and in parts still wavy. So who know how Hamish will turn out,but look forward to seeing pictures of how he developers .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you!
He is certainly a cracker its just a guessing game how the coat will go! but hey, all part of the fun! ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm sure we have one of Hamish's litter mates. We picked him up on Sunday and named him Elvis. I will try and upload a photo but he is also very smooth. The breeder also told us his coat would wave as he gets older, but I'm not so sure. (We love him regardless) but we are keen to know what he will be like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
He is gorgeous and not dissimilar to how Barney looked as a babe. And now, as others have said, he's a golden colour with skinny legs and a smooth open face and strange but lovely mohican down his back! Quite bizarre looking really but I love him and how he looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, I'm sure we have one of Hamish's litter mates. We picked him up on Sunday and named him Elvis. I will try and upload a photo but he is also very smooth. The breeder also told us his coat would wave as he gets older, but I'm not so sure. (We love him regardless) but we are keen to know what he will be like.
Hi sarah,

I tried to pm you back but wouldnt let me for some reason!!

They are definitely brothers!! I also got Hamish from Emma!!
This is so exciting!:D
Hamish has settled in great and is doing really well with his toilet training ect, how is Elvis getting on?

Emma said that his coat would come in over time as he has took more of the spaniel side! (im not convinced tho!) but like you said we love him regardless!

where about are you? Im in Barnton, Edinburgh would be great to meet up with Hamish and Elvis some time.

Nicole x

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
What a handsome pup, a real rusty red McHamish! He does look very smooth and I'm looking forward to lots of photos :p

Reactions: Nixx007

·
Registered
1 Posts
He's really beautiful. I have just a week ago picked up my very smooth coated (at the moment) beauty! I am also intrigued as to how the coats will turn out! Good luck with your lovely pup!
freddie in crate.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
What lovely puppy pics! It is really interesting to watch and wonder how they will turn out! Our little Callie is a mix of colours with longer fur .. a little wavy in some places but definitely no woolly curls .. any thoughts? She was very straight at first like your guys. We are slightly obsessed with her
😆 💕

1 - 19 of 19 Posts