I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
As you can see Ive been stalking this site on and off for a long time now and thought I should start to post.

OK. I'm Col my wife is Maureen and our Cockapoo is Poppy she is all black and 20 months old and full of fun, we also are training a friend son's 2 year old mini Dachshound how to be a dog ( his owner loves him to bits but has forgot he has legs all be it very short ones).

Poppy has just started Flyball, as she is very fast (not much can catch her when we are playing on the beach) and I think she will do well.
Last Sunday we were at a Fly-ball completion just to see what it was like, lot of people asking is she a Cockerpoo! I was chatting to a competitor who had just bred a their second litter of Cockapoo's he told me the puppy's were 2 weeks old and had been snapped up straight away. I was very disappointed as we are looking for another puppy.
When we got home I started to search the puppy's for sale sites on the net and found an add for puppy's only about 20 miles from us. So I rang the breeder she is very knowledgeable told me all about the mother a black working Cocker, dad a black Miniature Poodle and that they had 1 pup left a black bitch with white markings. Asked if we could go and see the pup she said it would have to be the next day as they had just come back from a Fly-ball competition. The penny dropped I was talking to the partner of the chap I had been talking to that morning. When he had said they had been snapped up I though they had all gone, so I had walked round all day disappointed that we had missed out.
On Monday evening went to see the litter all 8 pup's (5 black & 3 apricot) very healthy mother in great condition, mother a working gun dog so well trained and very steady. Poppy was also from a gun dog mother.
The rest of their dogs 2 other Cocker bitch's a working Collie and a beautiful Cockerpoo from their litter from last year by the mothers sister.
So now smitten we have to wait about 5 weeks our new family member.
Sorry this is a bit long but for those looking for pups keep looking you will get a dog with great temperament.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi there and welcome glad you've decided to post. What a great story, it sounds like fate to me. Fly ball sounds great as well, look forward to pics of Poppy and meeting your new baby x

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
How exciting for you. We had a thread going about Fate stepping in and finding us our Cockapoos - sounds like that's what happened with you. Look forward to hearing more.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, poppy sounds fab, what colour are you getting from the litter and do you have a name yet? any photos? would love to see photos or a video of poppy doing flyball

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What a lovely coincidence. Wish we had flyball around here - sounds great fun. Look forward to hearing about your new addition.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kendal
The new pup is another bitch, black with a little white on her nose and chest with 3 white socks. Think see will be smaller than Poppy as her mother is a lot smaller than Poppy's.

A link to BAF flyball site there is a video showing what it is all about.

http://www.flyball.org.uk/

And lady amanda you don't sound silly a lot of people don't now about it. but is great fun if not a bit loud.:eek:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a lovely coincidence. Wish we had flyball around here - sounds great fun. Look forward to hearing about your new addition.

2 of the teams were from Scotland, one from Dundee and the other from Loch Lomond. They had travelled down to Middlesbrough. Quite a trek!
Give Google a go for your area you never know:).

Well off to flyball now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts