I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm new to the forum but have been reading posts over the last few days and it is a fantastic place :)

My name is Karen and our family is looking for a cockapoo puppy which will be ready in mid August/September. I'm married to Mike and we have two kids who are 15 and 11. We have done lots of research and the cockapoo sounds perfect for our family - very bright and a wee bit bonkers :D

We're all really excited about finally getting a puppy. We used to have an adorable, full of personality, yorkie called Mutley but it's been a while since we had a dog and we're really looking forward to a new member of the family.

Hope to chat to you all soon.

Best wishes, Karen.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Karen and welcome. Sounds like a cockapoo will be a welcome addition to your family....... Has Jukee Doodles got any puppies left ?????

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hi from one Karen to another! Welcome to the forum. A cockapoo is the perfect choice, as you say .....very bright and a wee bit bonkers! Whereabouts in the country are you? We have a South East(ish) mass meet coming up next Sunday. It would be a perfect opportunity to meet some of us and our Cockapoos.
Have fun on the forum and good luck finding your puppy. :)

Karen x

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hi Karen Welcome to the forum.You wont be disappointed with a cockapoo,looking forward to hearing all about your puppy when you find him/her:)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, what are you looking for American/English(Show/Working) cocker Mini/Toy poodle, boy/girl what about colour.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Welcome Karen! This forum is certainly the place to be if you want a cockapoo! We haven't collected ours yet (getting it in August from Jukee Doodles) but we are so prepared and ready for anything thanks to this forum and the great people on it :).

Harri x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Hello

I'm new to the forum but have been reading posts over the last few days and it is a fantastic place :)

My name is Karen and our family is looking for a cockapoo puppy which will be ready in mid August/September. I'm married to Mike and we have two kids who are 15 and 11. We have done lots of research and the cockapoo sounds perfect for our family - very bright and a wee bit bonkers :D

We're all really excited about finally getting a puppy. We used to have an adorable, full of personality, yorkie called Mutley but it's been a while since we had a dog and we're really looking forward to a new member of the family.

Hope to chat to you all soon.

Best wishes, Karen.

Hi Karen,

There are lots of posts on here outlining all the different (and there are loads !) of options available - through F1 to all the others and so on !

If you put "Jukee Doodles" into the search - you will find tips we have added to help new comers to Cockapoos find which variant suits them best.

We would welcome you to visit and would be more than happy to go through the range for you and show you two that we had prepared earlier (Buzz and Yum-Yum - see the Gallery for pics) on a no-strings basis.

Alternatively - if you knew what "style" you were after - then I'm sure this forum could guide you in the right direction - as we have several experienced breeders and lots of owners or course who are regulars on this forum.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Stephen xx

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone

Thanks so much for the lovely welcome - this forum is fab!

We live in Chester in the north west of England and are looking for a F1 English show cocker/miniature poodle. We are searching for a girl and would love gold/champagne/white (not sure of the proper names for colours!).

I've already spoken to Anthony of Anzil and had a long chat with him. We are going on holiday for the first week of August so wanted to wait until after then so we can give our new puppy our full attention so she can settle in happily to our family.

It's been a while since we had a dog but feel the time is now right as the kids are older and we've moved to a new house with lots of brilliant walks on our doorstep. So excited about finding the right puppy for us :) The kids have been reading up on puppy training all weekend and are so looking forward to it all.

I've been reading the posts and can see that this forum is very addictive! Hope that our search will find a brilliant pup for us and that we can join in with updates (and lots of questions I'm sure) of our new pet.

Talk again soon, Karen.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, after losing myself in all the forum posts this morning ... err, where has the day gone?! I'm now totally confused about the show/working cocker aspect.

I've been absorbed in Jukee Doodle's website and posts on here and am now swaying towards a working cocker as mum. Help!!!!

Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Karen I got both of mine from show cockers as I assumed that a working cocker would be more energetic than we required and would have hated not to have had the time for our pup. With all the research its so hard you dont want to get it wrong. However after speaking to people on here who have working cross cockapoo s and reading Stephens posts regarding working cockers if I were ever to have another I would nt have a preference. I have no regrets about having show cocker cross but would be open to working also.Mine go off lead for at least an hour in a morning sometimes more when weathers great, and are happy to just walk as well, happy to potter and play in the garden and /or just loll in the house x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, welcome. We also live in Chester and Keira came from Anzil so is a show cocker/ miniature poodle cross. We've had her almost 12 months now & I can't imagine our family without her. I haven't been on the forum much as all the new puppy talk is making me terribly broody for another Cockapoo but I know that being realistic, I don't have the time to fit in another dog:(

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi and welcome! I have just joined this forum too, and youre right - the hours just seem to slip away while you read through the posts and look at all of the gorgeous pics! :D My 2 girls are show cocker/miniature, lovely natures and lots of energy too! Good luck with your search for your puppy :)

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Well, after losing myself in all the forum posts this morning ... err, where has the day gone?! I'm now totally confused about the show/working cocker aspect.

I've been absorbed in Jukee Doodle's website and posts on here and am now swaying towards a working cocker as mum. Help!!!!

Best wishes, Karen x

Hi Karen,

As for the "Show / Working" debate - it is worth reading the below thread:
http://ilovemycockapoo.com/showthread.php?t=1753&highlight=show+lines&page=2

Stephen x

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi,
Mine are both from a show cocker, ( different litters ), and can walk for hours !
They love running around, in fact Scamp doesn't walk when he goes out until he's run for about an hour, then he goes to walking pace.

We go to the New Forest a lot, loads of beautiful walking and very dog friendly ( lots of dog friendly pubs where you can take them inside ) :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Karen.
I have a little girl from Anzil she is 4 months old - missie.
Anthony is a very good breeder.
Missie is an F1 Cokerpoo. her mum is american cocker. so she is smaller than th english.
I am hoping to get another from anthony in 6 months. He has a lovely chocolate poodle called chico so I am hoping for one of his pups. but when Missie is a little older.
Anthony will give you details of people who has his dogs so you can go and see them. You are more than welcome to come and see missie. we are by Rainhill. regards jane.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi everyone

Thanks so much for all your replies. We've all been reading a brilliant book recommended by Anthony at Anzil - 'You and Your Cockapoo' by David Alderton which I can highly recommend.

Lovely to hear there are some local Anzil doggies too :) Yes please - we would love to come over and meet you and Missie one weekend! Let me know when's a good time for you and we will pop over - thanks so much for this :D Best wishes, Karen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts