I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Hello!

Yesterday put a deposit down on a 5 week old tri-colour cockapoo (boy). Am new to cockapoos and this is my first ever dog! Am now an excited, nervous expectant mum.

Have spent weeks trawling the internet and doing my homework and hoping I've made the right choice with breeder etc. etc. Am glad to have found this website, I'm sure I'll be dipping in and out on a regular basis over the next few weeks and months.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Green Fairy .. welcome to the forum ..

Great to hear you have picked your puppy and getting a cockapoo :)and tri colour .. I cant wait to see pics ...

What mix is your pup? what are the parents in other words :)

You may find sibling on here .. who is the breeder?

Please post pics if you have any ..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum. I've got a chocolate roan puppy called Woody, now 12 weeks. He's my first dog too and the I've found the info and advice on here really helpful. Its great to be able to compare notes!
Hello there,
So we are 2 novices at this! How have you found those first few weeks? I've had many animals before but never a dog.
My friend's dog is also a Woody but a Gordon Setter not a cockapoo :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Green Fairy .. welcome to the forum ..

Great to hear you have picked your puppy and getting a cockapoo :)and tri colour .. I cant wait to see pics ...

What mix is your pup? what are the parents in other words :)

You may find sibling on here .. who is the breeder?

Please post pics if you have any ..

Hi Jojo :),

Dad is a champagne miniature poodle and mum is a chocolate show cocker. There were only 3 in the litter and I was told Mum's been struggling to feed them a bit but they all looked good/healthy.

He's from Aspenwood in Lincs - do you know them? I think they've only recently starting breeding cockapoos having switched from Spinones.

Have taken some pix and will post soon if I can work out how to do it ha!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Oh yes please post pics .. you may have guessed I am a little cockapoo crazy if you have read My Dogs Life .. and I would love to see your tri colour puppy :)

I have heard of your breeder but just heard the name thats all :S There may be some of their puppy owners on here ... it would be great if your puppy's siblings owners will come on here too :)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Welcome to you & your soon to be pup :D
You must be so excited!
We just brought home out second little girl on wednesday :)
What a great choice getting a cockapoo! & tri coloured sounds lovely :D
Are you not going to get a few names in mind? Or just decide after he's home full stop?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for a lovely welcome to the forum.

Obviously cockapoo owners are as friendly as their dogs!

Jojo I've had a look at your site, had to drag myself off to get to work. Will send some photos for your catalogue when he's a bit older.

Nice to meet you all! :smile:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Thanks everyone for a lovely welcome to the forum.

Obviously cockapoo owners are as friendly as their dogs!

Jojo I've had a look at your site, had to drag myself off to get to work. Will send some photos for your catalogue when he's a bit older.

Nice to meet you all! :smile:
Ahh thank you so much .. I would welcome you and your new puppy to My Dogs Life ... I can't take all the credit .. we are becoming a great team and so many of my cockapoo friends make so many features possible with their ongoing support and also by sharing their experiences and knowledge on the blog too .. thanks all xxx

Don't worry about being late for work Green Fairy .. keep reading .. giggling here :)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Hi:welcome: to this forum..you'll get lots of good advice on here...don't be shy to ask:)
I notice you are in Wokingham. There are quite a few local owners in our
area - we had a mini meet up at the 'look out' in Bracknell this weekend -
there were about 8 Cockapoos and a larger meet at Virginia Water a few weeks back ( approx 30 cocakpoos!) - so you and you poo never need be lonely. Enjoy you pup - I know how excited you must be!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi

We are looking at getting a cockapoo from the same breeder as you!
What did you think?
We wanted a champagne boy too!!!

any comments appreciated!
Hi,
I was after the tri-colour not champagne. I've put the deposit down and can collect him in 3 weeks, there's another 2 in the litter (both black/tan) but I think the boy's already booked, not sure if the girl's still available.

There was another litter (different mum, same dad). They were all champagne or blacks. They are 3 days older than the litter I picked from but I'm not sure how many are still available.

Would love to hear how you get on. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi:welcome: to this forum..you'll get lots of good advice on here...don't be shy to ask:)
I notice you are in Wokingham. There are quite a few local owners in our
area - we had a mini meet up at the 'look out' in Bracknell this weekend -
there were about 8 Cockapoos and a larger meet at Virginia Water a few weeks back ( approx 30 cocakpoos!) - so you and you poo never need be lonely. Enjoy you pup - I know how excited you must be!!
Hello Colin,
yes I saw your post re meet up. I know the Look Out well, have taken our horse over there!
I work in VW quite often.
Will def try to meet up with you all when pup's had his jabs and old enough to handle it (will have to psych myself up too for a walk - am a lazy watsit ha ha!!).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I was after the tri-colour not champagne. I've put the deposit down and can collect him in 3 weeks, there's another 2 in the litter (both black/tan) but I think the boy's already booked, not sure if the girl's still available.

There was another litter (different mum, same dad). They were all champagne or blacks. They are 3 days older than the litter I picked from but I'm not sure how many are still available.

Would love to hear how you get on. :)

Thanks Green Fairy
Did you visit the breeders? What did you think?
thanks

Kate

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.