I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
How lovely to see all these 'Spoodles' ( that is what I call them) and their loving owners.
I hope I learn a lot from the forums about taking care of my beautiful dog. She is a joy.
I have put up two photos of Abbie. She has just had her first clipping so I am getting used to the new pup in the house.

I recommend Cesar Millan like many other dog owners. He has helped me to become a better and more responsible owner.

Cheers to everyone.
Allie and Abbie

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
he welcome. how old is Abbie, and what colour is she, cant wait for the photos.

·
Registered
13 Posts
how do the dogs cope with the Australian heat

Hi

Over in Scotland this year I think we got about 5 days of warm sun (quite a good year for us LOL) my dog struggled with the heat on those days and would roll in the puddles at every opportunity. How do dogs cope especially uncut cockapoos.

Speak to you soon

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey :) The weather over here (in PA) has been hot this summer. When we take Cocoa out, we make sure that he isn't out for long. When we come in from a walk, he likes to lay on the tile floor in the kitchen, as it is cold. He also enjoys eating ice cubes & we always make sure he has cold water.
Cocoa recently had his hair cut, but even before his hair was cut, this is what helped him to cool down. I hope this can help!! Good Luck! :D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Hi

Over in Scotland this year I think we got about 5 days of warm sun (quite a good year for us LOL) my dog struggled with the heat on those days and would roll in the puddles at every opportunity. How do dogs cope especially uncut cockapoos.

Speak to you soon
lol my lot do that even in winter when the watter is icey cold lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, This is so lovely to be so welcomed. Abbie is black...well she has a cute auburn moustache and has some white single hairs in her coat with a little spot of white on her tail. I am guessing that is why she was put up for sale. I had fallen in love with a spoodle I saw a year before I spied Abbie and knew this was the breed I needed for my 'last dog'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Allie and Abbie! Welcome to the site. :)_
Thank you Dave and Benny. I had a dog called Bennelong....he was an Australian silky cross. His name was chosen for the first Aboriginal person that the white man 'educated'. I never thought I would have another pup after him, but along came Abbie...I am so grateful for my husband for letting me have her in our lives. So thanks for this site, Dave.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he welcome. how old is Abbie, and what colour is she, cant wait for the photos.
Hi Kendal...Abbie is black and she is just coming up to her first birthday on 26 August. She is the most wonderful dog! I have to stop myself from squeezing her. I am trying to be a good pack leader. This is the first dog of four that I have decided to do 'the right thing' and make sure she is calm and submissive.
I don't care what they say about Cesar..he has done such a wonderful jobiin helping me to know how a dog needs to be balanced.

This is a wonderful site. Love the photos of your pup. xxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome!! I saw the pics you posted of Abbie, she's cute! :D
& I think Cesar Millan is great too :)
Hi Alyssa and Cocoa.
Abbie is the best dog ever! I am so pleased to have found a spoodle to bring into my life. My husband has not been well so we are so glad to have such happiness in the shape of a pup.

I watch Cesar ever day. He has helped me so much in understanding the dogs in my village as I walk. I know not to be afraid and to be calm. I think Abbie had benefited by my confidence. She is learning to trust me to deal with any other dog that approaches. She loves everyone. All other dogs and people she just wants to race to and play with. I think this is great but understand other dogs do feel like that.
Thanks for the welcome.

Abbie and Alliexxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi

Speak to you soon
Hi Angela and Princess Poppy,
Oh how I would love to see Scotland. My ancestors come from around Forfarshire and I have only found this out since starting my new hobby ancestry research. Now Abbie is in my life and she is taking up more time.
We live 500mtrs from the beach so we take Abbie to the sea. She LOVES water of all kinds. She runs into the waves and knows how far to go.
WE have verandahs and she is happy to sit in the afternoon breeze. This summer I will buy her a childs play pool so she can jump in when she needs to. Otherwise in other parts of Australia it snows and is quite British-like (eg Tasmania)...We live in a part of Australia that is more subtropical, on the mid north coast of NSW so the weather is neither too hot nor too cold.

Thanks for the question.

Love meeting new people like this.
Cheers from Abbie and Allie xx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts