I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Tonight we are the new proud owners of a cockapoo puppy :)

Hubby has just collected her from Preston and is bringing her home as I type.

She is a white with black and brown patches F1 (english cocker mum, min poodle dad) who has the sweetest nature. She is 9 weeks old. My elder son has named her Mitzy.

While for 10 years I ran a large dog training club and did a lot of behavioural work its my first puppy in 20 years! My old collies died 6 years ago and I remained dogless while my kids were tiny. So while I know most of the theory its been a long time since Ive actually had to do it. Will be interesting to see if I can practice what I preached LOL

Oooops bad start. I usually advised anyone who was thinking of a second pup to have the first one off to a good start training before getting the next one. So why do we pick up another pup next week? Peppa (named by my other son the pig lover) is an F2 black cockapoo again with a friendly happy wee nature. We get her next Thursday. So double puppy madness in the house Cant wait, Ive been dogless too long.

Im the 43 year old Mum of two boys and live in Central Scotland. Looking forward to getting to know you all

Sheilagh

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Hi Sheilagh and welcome to the forum. :)

You sound like you are going to be very busy! You must have had quite an interesting search looking for two puppies but they both sound lovely and I look forward to seeing the piccies!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the welcome!

Ali we are from just outside Bonnybridge in Falkirk.

Calli she isnt from one the big breeders but a pet litter. The owner did assure me all the proper testing of the parents had been done and I dont know if the bigger breeder have their pups kennelled but one my musts for a pup was that it was raised in a home with all the noise and action of a family. Both pups come from homes with younger children in them so wont find my two too much of a culture shock.

I'm impatiently waiting but it will prob be between 11 and midnight before they get in...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I bet your boys are beside themselves - will they be waiting up with you? I have 2 young girls and Arthur loves them both to pieces and fitted in really well with active family life. Get pics up when you can :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Pic of Peppa when we visited her last week. We braved the hurricaine to go and see her.

We had originally booked a miniature labradoodle but the owner must have sold her out from under us as she didnt return my calls so I eventually took the hint. Pretty pleased about it now tho as we have two super girls joining our family :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,034 Posts
hey welcome, we have an owner on hear from the falkirk aria.

im cumbernauld.

where is the photo of mitzy?

cant wait for more photos.

i have to agree i think its too soon for a second pup as you say yourslef too close in age can be trouble.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Sheilagh and welcome! Peppa looks adorable .....can't wait to see Mitzy. Double trouble! Good luck Lol. I'm sure your training background will stand you in good stead. Mick (Michaelwatson) and his wife took on two pups this summer and have done fantastically well - they also have a dog training background. I'm sure you know what you've taken on! :p Keep us posted with plenty of pics and stories.

Karen xx

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Kendal

I was raised in Cumbernauld and where I live is just 10 minutes outside it. Do you walk on Cumbernauld field? Its prob one of the places I will take the pups when they are allowed out and about.

Double trouble but I'm up for it :)

·
Administrator
5,034 Posts
yeah i walk the feils up past the rugby club, but i dont have set times so i sometimes never meet anyone.

where abouts in cumbernauld were you brought up my mum had lived in cumbernauld all her life.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I lived in Seafar my first four years and then 16 in Greenfaulds, 4 in Condorrat before moving out to Longcroft.

I went to the Cumbernauld dog club when it was in Fleming Road and was Assistant Trainer there before setting up my own classes in Denny.

Which Rugby club? I spent many years with my ponies on the farm just along side the Condorrat one.

·
Administrator
5,034 Posts
one of the guys who used to go the the training in fleming road (john thomson)set up his own training and i go to that one.

my mum lived in island road in seafar/ravenswood(can never remember which side is which)

she went to greefaulds high school

oh and yeah its the cumbernauld rugby club. im like a 5 min walk from it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Mitzy arrive in around 12.30am and we got to bed at 1.30. She wasnt happy spending her first night alone in our kitchen and it was hard to stay firm and leave her there to settle. She eventually gave up wailing around 2 hours later and slept until John got up for work. She just had a little cry when he left and then slept until the rest of us got up. Her first introduction to the boys went well and Im pleased that she is bonding well with Paul my nearly 5 year old. He is being assessed for high funtioning autism at the moment and his obsession is dogs. I have seen space buddies a million times, and cats and dogs more than that!

Kendal I lived in Etive for 4 years (was around 20 years ago tho!) I went to Greenfaulds High from 1980 to 1985 I prob wouldnt know your Mum unless she was in my year and even then there were 300 odd kids in the year so you didnt know them all. Or if she was into ponies or dogs. I went to the Cumbernauld Dog training club as a child with my Cairn when I was nine. I went again with the GSD I had in my teens and then with the collies about 18 - 20 years ago. The trainer you have now wasnt there then.

Mitzys coat is very soft with a little wave. Im not sure about the different coats so can anyone advise whether this is the coat that will possibly shed or should she be low moulting. There isnt any hair loss from her at the moment but I know things can all change as they mature. She has a submissive nature but is very friendly and playful. The submission is more to be than the boys but then Im a pretty strong alpha type leader with the dogs so will have to tone down a bit until she really gets to know me.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Mitzy is gorgeous :D It's difficult to tell with the coats until they get their adult coat through & then you know what you've got lol, our oldest doesn't shed except when she is brushed, whereas atm our newest little pup seems to shed, but obviously we don't know if that will change as she gets older.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.