I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Friday finally arrived and the hours at work dragged on until we finally collected Barney from Martinshaw Kennels.

Oh my God, I can't believe how lucky we were to get the pup we have favoured from when he was 4 days old, even though we had 2nd choice of the 3 boys available.

He was the cutest, smallest and shyest puppy of the litter. What a little sweetie he has been so far; all poo's and wee's have managed to be outside (only in our back garden) all except for one wee.

Althouh he cried for about 10 - 15 mins before he settled down to bed in his crate, he did not wake me up till 6am and had not messed in his crate at all, he then proceeded outside to do a wee and a poo, what a star!

If life with Barney continues like this I'll be the luckest lady alive! The kids are absolutely besotted with him and he seems to love us too!

He's got his fist jab and vet check on monday, so fingures crossed that all goes well.

Julie xx

Attachments

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Barney is adorable, congratulations!!!! and what a star for sure....keep up the good work Barney!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
How fantastic! Barney is gorgeous! Hope you are all having lots of fun with him and he continues to be such a good boy! :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
He's gorgeous and sounds like he is doing fabulously! xx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Aww, just look at him! What a little cutie! Have lots of fun with him, he sounds like he has settled in really well :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
He is sooooooo gorgeous and sounds like such a good boy. Hope it all continues to go brilliantly ... hmm, think we got the lively one of our litter :D Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oooo Barney s home and he looks fab... look forward to seeing you at Loughborough x x
Aaah, we would really love to come and meet you all at Loughborough, but Barney won't of had is 2nd jab by then, so, we'll have to come to the next poo party.

Hope you all have a fab time

Julie xx

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments. Barney had a 2nd really good night, only got up once at about 4am as he had done a poo in his crate, but he soon settled back down till 6.30am.

He has slowed right down on his eating, I think he has realised the competition with his siblings has gone.

We have already started training him and I can't believe how clever he is. With the help of a few treats and some freshly cooked salmon he has learnt to come, sit and almost has down off to a T. What a little genius!

So looking forward to taking him for walks.

Julie xx

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Julie .. he is doing really well ... Lots more pics needed of the lovely Barney :) :)

You will love it when he is ready to go out for walks... I love walking my dogs, its one of the best parts of dog ownership :) and walking a cockapoo EVEN better... everyone loves a cockapoo...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well Friday finally arrived and the hours at work dragged on until we finally collected Barney from Martinshaw Kennels.

Oh my God, I can't believe how lucky we were to get the pup we have favoured from when he was 4 days old, even though we had 2nd choice of the 3 boys available.

He was the cutest, smallest and shyest puppy of the litter. What a little sweetie he has been so far; all poo's and wee's have managed to be outside (only in our back garden) all except for one wee.

Althouh he cried for about 10 - 15 mins before he settled down to bed in his crate, he did not wake me up till 6am and had not messed in his crate at all, he then proceeded outside to do a wee and a poo, what a star!

If life with Barney continues like this I'll be the luckest lady alive! The kids are absolutely besotted with him and he seems to love us too!

He's got his fist jab and vet check on monday, so fingures crossed that all goes well.

Julie xx
Barney is adorable! We met an 18 month old black cockapoo named Hendrix yesterday in Leigh-on-Sea from the same breeder. My daughters (and me) were besotted! We lost our beloved cocker, Maisie, in April and Barney looks so much like her as a pup - hope he gives you as much pleasure as she gave us. Now we are looking at images of cockapoos and oohing and ahhing! Best of luck! (Think I may be on the phone to Dave at Martinshaw pretty soon!!!)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Ahh Barney is lovely ... he sounds like he is settling in perfectly ... keep posting pics they grow up so fast ..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts