I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a lovely golden cockapoo now 14 weeks old. She is now just over 3.5kg and is being fed on James well beloved dry turkey and rice puppy kibble. She has had all jabs and is up to date on her fleas and worming treatment. She suffered from cystitis at 9 weeks and had a 10 day course of anti biotics. She is now fine and, I think, house trained. I don't know how long you have without an accident before you can actually say this, so maybe not house trained, but no accidents for over 2 weeks. (let's hope I have not jinxed it). She sleeps from 10.45 to 6.40am week days and to 7.00am at the weekends, that's as long as we have left her and is asleep until she hears the kitchen door open. She has had a clean dry crate each morning from day 2 of her living with us.

This sounds, and is fantastic, but we are encountering a fairly major problem. She actually bit and drew blood on Saturday evening. Luckily it was my husbands foot, not my daughters face. I know that puppies nip, but she growls, shows the white of her eye, and really goes for the bite. I have spoken to the vets and they say this is not normal puppy behaviour. They have given my details to a trainer to come and see what the situation is. I am quite shocked and thought they would just say, "oh, that's completely normal, just do such and such", but they didn't. Has anyone come across this. My daughters are 10 and 13, but I have lots of young children around and about and when we go to Ireland on holiday. Any advice? Sorry this is so long.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey sorry have deleated your other threads to avoid confusion with other members, have not had a chance to read your thread propperly as im on my phone but will comment propperly later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you. I thought I should have posted this somewhere else rather than on the introduction. Any info or advice greatly received.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts