I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, :) my name is Alma, I'm Mexican sooo please ignore my bad English ;) and i have a 3 months old Cockapoo boy who's name Dante :proud:, well.. this is my fist dog and I don't really know when is the best time to start with the walks learning process with him, so i was wondering when is the right time to start? and if someone feels like sheering tips, ideas, or his story with me, i'm totally happy to read about it ;)

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Welcome Alma! I would say now is a very good time to start leash walking your puppy. Providing all his shots are done then get out and about. There may be a little bit of carrying and coaxing to do before he gets the hang of the walking idea but it doesn't take long at all and you'll soon be enjoying walks together.
If pup can't go out yet then start with leash training in your home and garden if you have one, use lots of treats and encouragement until he gets the idea of having the leash attached. Also just use very short training sessions of 5/10 mins as his attention will start to wander after that.Short and positive sessions will be best for him.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Hola Alma! Welcome to the forum. Your English is very good. Just follow Karen's advice. We would love to see some pictures of little Dante.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts