I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I joined ilovemycockapoo in the hopes that I can get some advice as my partner and I go about our search for a cockapoo puppy. We're located in Southern California, and are wondering if anyone has any experience with Beachwood Canyon Cockapoos, or if there's any reputable breeders you'd recommend.

We're interested in a red or apricot cockapoo, ideally on the smaller side since we'd like to fly with our cockapoo in the cabin (cargo seems traumatic for pets). What are your experiences flying with your fully grown cockapoo (please mention height/weight)?

Finally, do you have recommendations for finding a cockapoo that looks like these cuties? We'd love a "teddy bear" cockapoo and are unsure how to go about our search.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm probably too late but here is what I know about Beachwood Canyon Cockapoos:

The owners are Karen Bryan Troutman and Charles R Troutman. They got in trouble several years ago due to 52 animals living in terrible conditions. The animals were seized.

This was posted on Facebook by Camp Cocker Rescue last year (search for Beachwood Canyon Cockapoos on Facebook):

Camp Cocker Rescue
February 16, 2019 ·
.... just a snippet from the post....

There is a puppy mill breeder in Los Angeles that was busted several years ago by animal control (Beachwood Canyon Cockapoos) and had all of her 52 dogs removed from an isolated vacant old property where they lived in cages and in filth.

Many had dog lice from the filthy conditions they were all cramped in to. (we rescued several once animal control released them for adoption).

She is back at it again, breeding and making lots of cash. She has out smarted animal control by moving the puppy mill operation to another locale.

Customers are never allowed to visit the breeding operation and they are only allowed to buy a puppy with cash, meeting the breeder in a public place, like the parking lot of Home Depot.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts