I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Two weeks ago I adopted a three month old, 5 pound, male cockapoo. He was being fostered with his brother in Illinois and was sent to us where we picked him up in New Jersey. That was when we decided to name him Jersey! We later discovered he was purchased from a puppy mill that needed to cut down on their numbers due to notification from the authorities. I can't say I approve of "buying" him from this puppy mill, but I understand it was for the puppies benefit. For a year now we have been searching to adopt a rescued cockapoo. I think we were shot down at leas four or five times before we found Jersey. I am very passionate about rescuing and I am so happy that I finally rescued myself!
He came to us with absolutely no former training, not that I expected any, but still. So, I'm starting completely from scratch! I'm having a few problems with him that my techniques don't seem to be helping, so I definitely have loads of questions!

Liz

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, a good idea is to seek out a training class near you. you can socolize him and help you wth his training. good luck and would love to see photos of him.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Welcome to the site Liz. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We have lots of people here who can help. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts