I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I came across this website during my research for Cockapoos. Its brilliant.. so much helpful advice.
I'm hoping to get a Cockapoo July time this year, so I have the summer hols to settle him in before going back to work (part-time).
I've spent hours searching breeders - it's a minefield. Some websites look great, but I know this doesn't mean anything! Can anyone clarify which tests should have been carried out on the parents? Also anyone recommend a breeder - looking for apricot/ golden boy.
Many thanks in advance
Laura:)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome,

how far are you willing to travel, what kind of cockapoo are you looking for American/English cocker X Minni/Toy poodle, girl/boy, do you have a prefrence on colour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I live in Kent, but am willing to travel - we got my parents dog from Wiltshire -so more than happy to go further afield for the right dog.
I'm looking for a boy, apricot/ golden, or chocolate (2nd choice!)
Size: miniature and probably English but not sure. Is there a difference in temprement between English/ American or is it more looks??
Thanks

·
Registered
818 Posts
PRA should be tested or can be proven clear by parentage, and both parents stifles should be tested for slipped stiffle. If their larger, hips can also be tested as well.
This site listed breeders that have pups and tells you the amount of testing: http://www.cockapooclub.com/

·
Registered
35 Posts
We just picked our new Cockapoo puppy called Lolly up on Thursday. It's a bit of a shock to the system for me at the mo - like having a new baby in the house again!
We got her from Joe - http://www.colnevalleycockerpoos.com/
who was lovely and helpful answering all my questions over a number of phone calls. We were able to meet Lolly's mum and dad too. Joe is based in Colchester. Hope this helps

·
Registered
61 Posts
Isnt trying to find a cockapoo puppy stressful! Im feeling a little overwhelmed at the mo what with trying to find a breeder that seems 'reputable' and who mentions all the 'lingo' re.the parents that i've recently 'learned' from researching the web.
I'd like to hear how you get on in finding a cockapoo puppy for yourself.
If anyone reading this can help me too i'd be very grateful......We're from Maldon in Essex, we've never had a dog before but have had cats in the past and I have 2 young children - 4 yr old & nearly 2 yr old. We're looking to offer a home to a puppy asap after our booked June holiday, then it will probably be caravaning holidays from then on! We're looking for a female puppy, preferably 'honey' or 'apricot' coloured.
Many Thanks
Ray & Wendy

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yes, it can feel a bit stressful, as well as exciting ++:). You seem to have done your homework and know what you are looking for in a reputable breeder. We got our Teddy from Jandaz in Wales, who is well established. Being from Scotland, you can see that we did a bit of travelling to pick him up! It is great that you have researched the questions to ask and you will know the answers you want as well, no doubt:) Cant help with your area, but breedersonline is another resource you might use. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the advice everybody, sounds like there are some very good breeders out there. I'm going to try to arrange to meet some of them in the near future and take it from there. Going to be sooo excited. :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'm in contact with Joe from Colne Valley Cockers, hoping to collect a pup at the end of August! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I used the breeders online site to find my little girl, Holly. I will be picking her up from Bournemouth and she has 2 brothers but both are darker, her sister is an apricot colour. The breeder is lovely, she puts up with my numerous phone calls and is willing to wean Holly on a different diet than she is used to.

Good luck in your search and I hope you find the right puppy for you
xx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts