I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Houdini puppy

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Rufini 
#1 ·
So I had a hospital appointment today so did the usual put Vincent inside his pen and locked it up.
When we came in we didn't hear any noise.... opened the kitchen door and he was sat by the door with the look of 'HEY GUYS WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?' :eek:
The pen was still locked!

We figure he must of climbed up the side or something as he can't even jump up any of the stairs yet let alone a 2 ft high pen!

We don't know whether to be proud or angry!!!!

#2 ·
Yep, sounds like you've got a climber as well! Rupert was out of his 2ft pen as soon as we got him. Could also climb on top of his crate and whizz up the very scary open tread stairs in the garden. Had to get him a 3ft pen with extra wiggly bits on the top and extra tall stair gates. Suspect it's only a matter of time... Apparently his grannie was a climber! Hoping he'll be a whizz at agility. :)

#5 ·
That's a cockapoo for you!!! we had the same thing happen. we couldn't figure out how she did it for 3 days...it turns out she was piling a toy a pillow and a towel ontop of eachother and then climbing the rest of the way...silly cockpoos!

#7 ·
Hi,

I've just left Kipper for the first time in her new pen. She seems to be fine. I was out for about 3 hours which will be the longest she gets left for.
I was greeted with the waggiest tail ever when I got back but no mess in the pen! Result! I did leave her with a kong with sausage, liver and cream cheese in it though- she'll do anything for a bit of liver!!
(the pen is about 3rd high so hopefully she won't follow Vincents example!!!)

Pip x

#12 ·
We had a good one at the weekend. Went camping in the Lakes - dogs not allowed in the 'pods' so they were in their cage in a tent outside. At 1.30 in the morning, Poppy is scratching on the door wanting to come in! We still don't know how she unlocked the cage and undid 2 zips on the tent to get out, but we're extremely glad she came looking for us and didn't run off - very proud mummy!

#13 ·
Hi All

Never had a pen for Cara and did a brave thing this week ... Took the cage away. Had a couple of wee accidents ... Tried eating the sideboard ( been covered in curry paste since Wednesday - good puppy deterrent, better than the sprays you get... Overall quite relaxed ... Just seems the 8am - 8pm shift belongs to monster dog!!!!

#14 ·
Well Vincent has done it again a few times x_x this morning he must have got out at about 5am as he was wailing none stop from then until I got up at 6:30. Must have tired himself out though as he's been snoozing pretty much all day :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.