I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

How DIY is grooming a Cockapoo?

8K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  JoJo 
Hello - both my daughter and I groom Beau daily as love the teddy look. She has quite long shaggy fur and gets matts but we groom them gently and use a good shampoo which softens her coat. As others have said on here she tends to get them around her bottom (sits far too much), ears and most of all legs! I have had bad experiences with groomers with the Cavvie we had so decided we would try and groom Beau ourselves. Starting at a young age is a good idea so that they get used to the brush and hairdrier etc and she does tend to sit quite still except when trimming her face when she tries to 'eat' the scissors. We also use thinning scissors as seems to give a more shaggy look. Julia of Jukee Doodles posted some really good threads on this and said if going to a groomer we should request the teddy bear cut as less harsh. Also Jojo has a site called My Dogs Life in which she shows pictures of the shampoo we use and also tools etc. Good luck and if we can do it you should be able to :) x
I thought it was just Daisy that tries to eat the scissors! It is quite scary as I will be about to cut and she will suddenly move her face, the amount of times I thought I was going to end up cutting her!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.