I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:hno: crate training is hard. My little girl woke at 5.30 so I took her out for a wee. Only said Holly go toilet hen popped her back in her crate. Bless her little heart she is downstairs crying and I am upstairs listening :cry2:

All I want to do is give her a big cuddle and play with her. She needs to learn though I suppose :pout:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hi Liz, we go to bed at 10.00 and get up at 6.00. Have you covered the crate with a blanket? Holly thinks it is morning. I would get up soon and go play, because I am a softie and then gradually get it later to your waking up time. You are awake now cos your posting! Xx

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Dexter sleeps in his crate happily from 11 in the sitting-room and wakes at 5 every morning. I go down take him out for wee then I bring him upstairs and he sleeps quietly on the bed with me and hubby. There is no way he would be left again after waking up- this a compromise we have come to- he doesn't get attention at 5 am just company if he's quiet!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
when you put her back in try giving her a chew or a stuffed kong, that might take her mind off things.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Aaah Liz if you can cope with getting up at 5.30am then go give her a cuddle. It is still very early days and like Cara has said try covering the crate. We have a blackout blind especially for Beau as she was up early all the time but with this she stays in quite a bit later. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Holly sleeping through until 5.30am on night 2 with no crying is brilliant! :D Lolly tends to wake at 6.30 ish now (as does my 8 year old son :rolleyes:) although it was a bit earlier when she was younger and we've never tried to put her back in her crate. She will learn to sleep a bit longer as her toilet control improves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts