I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just wondered how often you bath your doggies? I gave rigby his first one yesterday which he loved!!

I don't want a stinky dog but also don't want to damage his skin- how often would you recommend bathing him?

xx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I think we all bath at different frequencies :) I would ideally like to bath about once a month but my guide tends to be how muddy Daisy gets or whether she has just rolled in something unpleasant! If you use a good quality shampoo it should care for the coat and not damage it. I used PAH puppy shampoo when she was younger and then moved on to Tropiclean shampoos and conditioner which is just lovely. :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I agree whenever he's filthy really,his equafleece comes in handy especially at the mo with all the wet weather so I'm not having to bath him as much as I would.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
When she is dirty...sometimes it is twice a month...or 6 weeks...it all depends. I only bathe her if she needs it.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I know you should bath them too much BUT when Izzie gets mucky sometimes she just has to be washed, there hasn't been many times when we've actually had to wait til she was getting smelly (only a couple of times) we mostly go on how mucky she gets, there's a beck on one of our walks & she's been in loads of times & the water in it is horrible & smelly! So she gets a bath everytime she goes in there. On average we probably have to bath her once every couple of weeks, sometimes not quite so soon.
We also wash her legs quite a lot because that's where the dirt gets so we leave her body longer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It depends on what they have been rolling or diving in how often we bath them. But they do get their legs and paws washed more often, in the summer I hose them down, but this time of year I use a Paw Plunger with warm water, also good to get the snow balls of their feet.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
It depends on what they have been rolling or diving in how often we bath them. But they do get their legs and paws washed more often, in the summer I hose them down, but this time of year I use a Paw Plunger with warm water, also good to get the snow balls of their feet.
What is a paw plunger???

·
Registered
720 Posts
That looks really good. Where can you get it in the UK Colin?
I have only bathed Dylan about 4 times in 18 months plus about 4 times he has been groomed. He never smells and the rivers he wades in are clean. When he gets muddy it just dries and drops off.
I got the Paw Plunger from Pets at Home but they don't seem to have it on the web site.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
That is genius!

I've bathed Max 4 times now I think, he's booked in for a groom in Jan. He gets mucky on walks, and starts to smell after a while.. I'm so glad I don't have a light coloured 'poo! :)
I bath Izzy about every 1 - 2 weeks, I like her to look white rather than puce :D
Unfortunately I have a dog who is very keen on mud, not so much baths....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im bathing rosie every week, she gets so dirty and smelly....with her being cream and buff, the dirt stands out a mile!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts