I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! not sure if anyones still on this app, but i’m getting an f2 cockapoo and would prefer a 50/50 split or a more cocker cockapoo. we’ve been told we’ll be able to pick at around 2-4 weeks and i’m wondering if there is any things to look for to get the right pup for me? like maybe straight head of hair? longer nose? as i’ve read puppy’s don’t show their real coat until 6 weeks. and i’m worried that if we wait until then they’ll all be gone! thanks!

so how can i choose a 2-4 weeks old f2 cockapoo that would look like either of these dogs (more cocker or a 50/50 split)
thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
In my opinion forget coat and go for the character of the puppy to fit your family over and above everything else. The breeder should be starting to know the characters of each as they start to grow so be honest about the life you are offering and choose the right puppy for that. Looks are just superficial, choosing the right dog to share your life with is far more important

·
Registered
124 Posts
Totally agree- go for character and fit for your family - you’ll love that more than the coat type in the long run- good luck 😀

1 - 3 of 3 Posts