I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello very knowledgable people!
The Vet mentioned getting Treacle used to going to the groomers even if she is not ready for a clip.
She hates being bathed and is terrified of the dryer so i am keen to introduce her too.
how do I find a good reputable groomer who knows how to take care of a cockapoo and not skin her!

If anyone knows a good one and can PM me, please let me know {locations Grantham, Sleaford, Bourne, Boston, Lincoln}

Thank you so much
Nadine

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Sorry can't help with groomers in your area but in general, I find that it helps to be very specific and assertive about what you want and what you don't want. You can also take some photos in from the forum. However I've had occasions when Dylan was so badly matted that the groomer has had no option but to scalp him. It wouldn't have been fair on him otherwise. I would speak to a few groomers, discuss what you want and then go with the one who seems most on your wavelength. But remember, their coats do grow quite fast, so it's never a total disaster!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I totally agree with Helen. Make sure the groomer knows exactly what you want. We took our Cavvie to a groomers and I had asked if they knew how a Cavvie should be groomed as liked the traditional feathers etc and just wanted her tidied up a bit. Went back to collect her two hours later and she was sat next to a Shih tzu and a Lhasa Apso and they were all scalped and couldn't tell the difference between them all. The manageress said that was how most people wanted their dogs!! I wont repeat what I said but needless to say I never went there again but thankfully have a lovely friend who is a groomer and does what the owner wants :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts