I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Wondered if anyone had any tips or advice on how to get my 4 month old puppy to sleep in past 6/6.30?

She barks for a pee and a poo but then wants to play for an hour before going back to sleep. We have tried the alarm clock training to get her to sleep to then but got to 6.30 then back to 6 and she’ll just bark constantly until 6.30.

She’s so cute she gets away with it but any advice welcome!
Jx

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Unfortunately that is pups for you - aa far as they are concerned its a new day and they are keen to start it. She is only a baby and it will get better when she grows up but for now just be grateful it is 6am!

·
Registered
4 Posts
With clocks changing soon, you'll get an hour extra.

Mine is 6 months and as his bladder improved, alongside getting up and letting him out to toilet, I just got on with doing stuff like having a cuppa and not paying him attention. I think he learnt that not much happens until we go for the morning walk and so every few days he started getting up later by 5 min or so, which now means I can get up that little later as well.

Before I took that approach I was like you, getting up with him and as soon as he was up thinking I had to engage with him, so he never had a reason to stay in bed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I remember those days of fatigue! My dog is 18 months now and sleeps like a champ. He even stays curled up in bed after I get up. It's just something you'll have to wait out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts