I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just cooked up some liver for Max. It is cut into tiny pieces but I am now wondering how to store it? Should I put it in a tub in the fridge or the freezer? Will it go soggy? How long will it keep? If I take some out for training, how long will it be fresh for? :eek::confused:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I have just cooked up some liver for Max. It is cut into tiny pieces but I am now wondering how to store it? Should I put it in a tub in the fridge or the freezer? Will it go soggy? How long will it keep? If I take some out for training, how long will it be fresh for? :eek::confused:

Thanks in advance!
I thought it would go soggy too, but it doesn't . Stored mine either in a tub or freezer bags in the fridge. Hope Max likes:)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
the liver cake my mum makes last forever in the freezer. in the fridge it last a couple of days, if left out in a bag 24 hour before it starts to smell off, but if left to dry out it will bust become crunchy and last longer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi,
I just bought some dried liver (double yuk!!) from NI today. It's frozen in bits that are about 2" x 1". The lady in there said keep it in the freezer and break bits off as you need it. She said it will keep fresher cos they don't add preservatives. I guess the same would apply to yours?
I admire you drying it yourself- I'm a really squeamish, fussy meat eater (not quite a veggie!!) and liver makes me want to vom!!
Kipper however, LOVED it!! She's already learnt to sit and now we're working on Lie down!
Hope this helps
Pip x

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I use lambs liver. No pig products seem to be used for dogs (except pigs ears!). Not exactly sure why although I think there is a parasite risk in raw pork, so pork bones etc are not recommended, but I would think that cooked pigs liver is ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.