I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have a 7 year old and a 3.5 year old and they’re completely unaware that I’m 3 weeks time we’re going to be collecting our little Cockapoo. As a family we have been talking about a dog for a LONG time and we’ve been very cautious to speak to them about the reality of having a puppy. Due to lockdown we all need to go and collect her so we can’t surprise them with the pup however my husband and I are thinking this may be quite good as instead of springing it onto them and everybody getting a bit overwhelmed they can be prepared and feel grown up about it. So we’re thinking of telling them 2 days before (as 2 days wait to kids is like 2 years to us). Giving them a box with two wrapped gifts inside, a collar and lead and then giving them a card from the puppy with some pictures to say please make sure you look after me etc. Then we can get all of the bits out that we’ve bought and hidden and they can be involved in getting prepared for her. Does anybody have any other ideas or does sound like a good plan? Thanks! X

1 - 1 of 1 Posts