I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. my name is Karla I am 48 and I live in WA State with my hubby of 25 years, our 21 y/o son and 11 dogs. 6 are cockapoos. We are adding another male in a few weeks.

Besides the cockapoos we have 4 yorkies (2 spayed, 1 is tiny and one got pyometra at age 2) and a long haired, short legged, open frontal chihuahua. She has a super long tongue too and she is as cute as a button and 4 pounds.

And then there is my Hanna who is a 9 year old cocker spaniel. She is a beautiful black and tan (with some gray now) ;) She is 19 pounds. Our 14 year old border collie lab mix died 2 years ago.. We still miss her. But she was/is my last bigger dog.

Well I guess thats about it.. I cannot think of anything else. Oh yeah, I am a hobby breeder in case you didn't figure that out already;)
Have a wonderful Sunday!

You can see my dogs here: http://www.dogster.com/family/137493

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Beautiful pups! Did you rescue them? How did you end up with so many?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Beautiful pups! Did you rescue them? How did you end up with so many?
Merry dod no one tell you Cockapoos are adictive. my mum wants a forth and if anything happens to my stepdads pairents we will end up with their cockapoo bradley. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Karla. That's quite a group you have! Were do they all stay? Were did you get your cockapoos?
They all stay in the house with us and sleep in our bedroom..hehe:D Some get to sleep on the bed and 2 sleep with my son. I have crates in my room for the younger ones who are not fully house trained yet.

I got my dogs all from breeders except Mindy, she is a rescue of sorts with some issues. One of my husbands co-workers needed to find her a home ASAP so we said we would take her for him and get her a new home for him.

We adopted her out twice and both times came back after less than 2 weeks. She is very OCD and doesn't even fit in here, it is sad.

I breed 2nd and 3rd + generation cockapoos and I plan on breeding 2 of my yorkies in another year or so. Been breeding cockapoos for about 8 years now. I breed 2-4 times a year. They are such awesome dogs. i couldn't imagine my life without my dogs, ALL of them;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Merry dod no one tell you Cockapoos are adictive. my mum wants a forth and if anything happens to my stepdads pairents we will end up with their cockapoo bradley. lol
Yes indeed they are addictive..HAHA.. Also the yorkies, omg they are such fun little dogs. I got hooked on cockers first, then cockapoos, then yorkies;) Hanna is my last cocker and I wont be getting another one after her. She still has a lot of years left. I hope I will be lucky like my vet and have Hanna until 16 at least.

That is great that you will be able to take in your grand parents cockapoo. When my father died he had a hound dog and he had not set up a home for him. Well my dad went at 66 and very suddenly so he was not expecting it either. And them my step mom died 8 months later at 62. She had dementia (alzheimers)

Anyhow, we brought her and the dog back with us from Idaho and we just could not keep that huge, and very loud dog. My step brother took him and he couldn't keep him either so he took him to a large rescue in Seattle P.A.W.S. That was hard because I wanted to be able to keep him for my dad, but we just couldn't. He got a good home though.

It makes me think what will happen to my own dogs, and even at just 48, you never know when your gonna go...:(

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
that is so sad, do you know if he ever forund a good home or did you just cut of contact so you didnt get up set about it.

i havent seen bradely in 3 years as my mum fell out with them, but she still says she will take him, if he needs a home.
he is the same coulor as Gypsy and is the same age bar a couple of days as Inca so will be 4 in september.

how long do you leave between breeding your girls and whats the limmit or how many litters you will let each have.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Welcome to the site Karla! :) I love the pictures on your website. I think Rose is my favorite! :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts