I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. My neighbour had suddenly been playing very loud music constantly. When I saw him today he mentioned that our two year old cockapoo howling and barking when i leave for work each morning. its tge first time hes mengioned anthing. i only work three and a half hours each motning so gone about four hours altogether. our dog is no longer in a crate and has access to everywhere apart from tbe livingroom. i can never hear him barking or howling when i come up the path and he never seems distressed. my husband has suggested maybe sending him to daycare but cant really afford it. I cant bear the thought that our dog could be miserable. Has anyone got any suggestions

Attachments

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
First step for me would be setting up some sort of camera so you can see what is happening when you leave. Does he start to bark as soon as you leave? Is he being disturbed by something? Will he play with kongs and other activity toys when you are gone? Is he better if he has had a good long walk before you leave him? Was he happier when he was more confined with his crate?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. We plan to set up a camera and we can see exactly what happens. I know he does bark when the postman comes, so that could be setting him off. I always leave him a Kong packed with treats and I also leave his toys out, but I don't think he plays when I'm out as they are always still in the same place. I have got the option in work to start later and this would give me the opportunity to take him on a nice long work first, maybe this would make a difference. Only time will tell. 😀

1 - 3 of 3 Posts