I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So little Vincent is 7 weeks old, we've had him for almost 2 days.... and we've noticed he has done something that looks like humping :O I didn't realise that this started so young!
He's just latched onto my arms and there was definite... thrusting! My boyfriend think he (VINCENT!! lol :p) tried a hump on him too...

So my question is, is it normal that he's started so young and what is a good way to stop it! I pulled my arm away and used the AAA command, is that enough to get it through to him?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Little Vincent is certainly not too young to start humping .......when does it stop - that's what I want to know!

Most humping can be put down to dogs reaching a level of excitement that they just have to ...... hump! I was told to remove Rufus from the situation calmly. If he does it again ..... once again remove and back on the lead for a few minutes etc etc. The lesson learned is that when he does that, play stops. Taking them away, or removing them allows them to calm down a bit too and learn to cope with that level of excitement.

I would remove Vincent and ignore him for a short while - very short while for a young pup ...... lets face it, everything is very exciting when you're just 7 weeks old!!

Karen x

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah thanks for the advise :) He's my first dog so I was a little surprised!

We will try and ensure that the behaviour is not encouraged and hopefully will soon stop (until his hormones go crazy...! )

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Rufini I think you just have a humper! Dexter is another one and he just humps because he is excited. He started it at his first puppy class. I do tell him off when he does it and he usually gets the message- it's just embarrassing isn't it?!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh dear! It's not so bad now as he's still housebound, just worried that as soon as he's allowed into the outside world for walks he might just try and hump other dogs/people! I dread the first time it might happen in public... so embarrassing!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Buddy does it to his blanket and toys but only when he gets excited hes only done it once to another dog , i was very embarrased !!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
George has a 'humping hour' and it's around about now! Makes little whiny noises too. He mainly does it to his rat

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're know we're going to get him 'done' so if he does keeping humping at least it will be safe (so to speak!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts