I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
We just adopted our 2 year old Cockapoo and he came home yesterday .
His name is Ben.
I just wanted to say Hello and would also need tonnes or tips and advice .......
I am so overwhelmed but very excited and ready for the challenge ......
Thanks

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, how is ben setling in.
would love to se photos of him. what coulor is he.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need some advice please !!

hey welcome, how is ben setling in.
would love to se photos of him. what coulor is he.
Thank you .
He is settling in just very excited.
He is fully Black .
I have one problem though , he is not peeing since we got him yesterday :(
He has pooped inside the house .
I am taking him out a regular intervals and hoping he gets used to the routine soon.
Next time if he eliminates at home I shall take the waste outside and leave it where I want him to poop.
Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
take him for a nice long walk, exersize tends to make them want to toilet. plus he is a boy he will want to cover a sent if he finds one.
is he drinking, has he eten anything, it may taken him a day or two for him to suss out his seroundings.

what were his previus owners reason for rehoming him.
is he nutered

·
Registered
60 Posts
welcome to the forum! I'm sure it will take a little time for him to adjust. We have Murphy bell trained so when he needs to go outside he rings the bell. So far it's been working really well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
take him for a nice long walk, exersize tends to make them want to toilet. plus he is a boy he will want to cover a sent if he finds one.
is he drinking, has he eten anything, it may taken him a day or two for him to suss out his seroundings.

what were his previus owners reason for rehoming him.
is he nutered

He was found as a stray , the animal rescue placed him in a foster home.
Nobody knows who his orignal owners were.
The foster mom says that he NEVER has an accident as he whimpers and lets u know when he needs to go .
We take him out for long walks as well as several times a day .
But he just does not seem to pee.
He is eating and drinking well.
He eats 2 times a day .
Water is available all the time .
He is also playing a lot at home.
I think I should take him to the vet tomorrow.
He is also Neutered.
THanks

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
how long have you had him, yeah think the vet is a good idea if he isnt peeing at all.

the pooing in the house is probably a one off just due to the change in enviroment. but the no peeing isnt good. let us know how you get on with him.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how long have you had him, yeah think the vet is a good idea if he isnt peeing at all.

the pooing in the house is probably a one off just due to the change in enviroment. but the no peeing isnt good. let us know how you get on with him.
Ben Finally peed.........:D.I took him for a long long walk .
The temperatures were in the teens and when I thought I would almost freeze to death , he peed that too for a long time .
As soon as he was done I rewarded him with treats .
Hopefully he will get used to the place and go more frequently .
THanks so much for the advice and support ...........I really appreciate it .
Thanks.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
fantastic, see what did i tell you about the walk.

i know some dogs that refuse to toilet when they are on the lead, some that hate to be watched and have to go into deep bushes before they will do their busnes, some that will only pee on grass.

he will be feeling better in his self, but still keep an eye on him as you will know yourself its not good for him if her is decididnt to try and hold it for long times even when he has the opertunity to pee.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lyme disease shots ??

Hello
I live In New Jersey .
My dog goes out only in our backyard and some bushy areas with big trees around to do his business. Is it advisable to give him a lyme disease shot ??
Also do you guys keep your dogs on flea meds( Frontline) all year round ??
THanks

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
our girls get a general booster every year, i dont know exactly what it covers, but im in the uk so i think we might get different shots. i should frountline our girls but we havent had a problem with them, but they get garlick from the livercake my mum makes and that is ment to be a flee repelent in small doses. but they are wormed every month which reminds me they are due that tomorrow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
our girls get a general booster every year, i dont know exactly what it covers, but im in the uk so i think we might get different shots. i should frountline our girls but we havent had a problem with them, but they get garlick from the livercake my mum makes and that is ment to be a flee repelent in small doses. but they are wormed every month which reminds me they are due that tomorrow.
thanks a lot for the info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts