I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're off to Spain tomorrow for a week and I should be feeling good about it (especially with all this rain around) but I just don't. I know he will be in good hands with lots of care and attention and have anther dog to play with but.....I will miss him so much :cry2: He knows, something is different tonight while I pack, he is sulking for sure.

Clare
x

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Just try to think that he is having a holiday aswell! I am sure once you are on that plane you will feel better and then when you come home you will have all that lovely Cockapoo excitement to look forward to when you collect him! I hope you have a great holiday. X

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Ahhhh Clare, is he going to Karens? I know you'll feel awful, you cant help it, but he's got someone to play with... You just have to tell yourself he'll be fine and then enjoy your break.
Hope you the kids and Obi all have a lovely time, enoy yuorselves :D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hi Clare - we used to feel the same about our Cavvie yet she had a great time as we sent her to home boarders too and they would tell us all the things she had been up to and often she had a better holiday than us :D Enjoy your holiday and when you come back refreshed and tanned whilst we are getting rusty in good old England you will realise you worried for nothing and yes you will miss Obi but he is in very good hands and time flies as they say :D X

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah thanks ladies, I know he will have a fab time and will probably be spoilt rotten. :) He's not going to Karen's as this was booked before Karen started her dog sitting. He will be staying with a family nearby and they have an eight year old lab. I've met them and their dog and they are lovely. Just hope he misses me as much as I'm going to miss him.

Have a good week everyone.

Clare
x

·
Registered
858 Posts
Have a great holiday Clare and enjoy the sun as I think we've seen the back of it here! I think I would feel the same as you right now but as the others said, he'll be absolutely fine :).

Harri x

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Obi will be fine, but I do understand exactly how you feel Clare. For me that's the only down side to dog ownership - you never enjoy going on holiday as much once you've got a dog as you're always reluctant to leave them. But we all need our holidays and for the dog an occasional separation is a small price to pay for having a loving family home. I think that they live so much in the moment that they don't miss us nearly as much as we miss them! Have a great holiday x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts