I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, actually they are Daisy's! :D

She is not interested in balls (probably wise :rolleyes:) and the only way we can get her to run at the moment is if I (doesn't work if it's just the kids) run like a lunatic shouting "Come on Daisy!" in a very excited fashion! Then she runs like a mad thing with ears flapping! This is great for my excercise but not really ideal long term! :rolleyes: We went to my parents at the weekend and their lab has a squeeky ball (the bouncy kind) and Daisy really liked it so today we treated her (again) to some squeeky balls of various sizes! She is a happy girl but still wont bring them back yet!

We also bought her a large crate hoping that she wouldn't feel so hemmed in. She seems to like it but we are not expecting any miracles! :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hi Sarah - Beau is the exactly the same as Daisy and probably why I have taken such a shine to her as she is just a darker version! Beau loves balls and frisbees and now runs after them but we have two of everything! Our trainer said that with her dogs she has two balls - one for when they are running after it and one for a trade off for when they return! A treat always has to be included in the play! Our Cavvie wouldn't bring them back without a high value smelly treat and that was how Beau was to start with so it is just perseverance! Beau has been played with since a small pup yet your lovely Daisy has probably only started since being adopted by you so needs to learn how to play :) Good Luck :D X

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sarah - Beau is the exactly the same as Daisy and probably why I have taken such a shine to her as she is just a darker version! Beau loves balls and frisbees and now runs after them but we have two of everything! Our trainer said that with her dogs she has two balls - one for when they are running after it and one for a trade off for when they return! A treat always has to be included in the play! Our Cavvie wouldn't bring them back without a high value smelly treat and that was how Beau was to start with so it is just perseverance! Beau has been played with since a small pup yet your lovely Daisy has probably only started since being adopted by you so needs to learn how to play :) Good Luck :D X
Two is a good idea, thanks! We only took one out last night and a cheeky Staffie ran off with it. We did get it back in the end but the owner did not have a lot of control over his dog which kind of spoiled our walk :( We will try the two balls tonight! :D

Yesterday she had her first mad moment where she just ran around like a looney for no apparent reason! :D Slowly she is coming out of her shell and her cheekiness is coming through. :) It is quite different from the quiet sleepy girl who we had for the first couple of days. She makes us laugh by stealing shoes and things and taking them in to the garden!:rolleyes:

Night time is still not good but I am going to write about that on a new thread later. :)

Thanks again Ali. :)

x

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You are very welcome - I am not very experienced with Cockapoos as Beau is the same age as Daisy but we have had her a little bit longer than you have so have been able to sort out some of the training issues plus they have hit the 5 month mark which is now the terrible twos :(. I love their cheekiness and they are very funny. Beau has mad moments but when she gets too much our trainer said time out or naughty corner! I thought the trainer was barking re the naughty corner but we sat Beau in the corner of the room and told her she had to stay there until she calmed down and it definitely works :D She just sits and does a huge sigh and then after a couple of minutes we call her over and she has definitely calmed down although my daughter and I can't look at her whilst she is sat in the corner as we find it very funny and if she saw us laughing would think it was another game. Good luck with everything and you are doing a fantastic job with her :D X

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are very welcome - I am not very experienced with Cockapoos as Beau is the same age as Daisy but we have had her a little bit longer than you have so have been able to sort out some of the training issues plus they have hit the 5 month mark which is now the terrible twos :(. I love their cheekiness and they are very funny. Beau has mad moments but when she gets too much our trainer said time out or naughty corner! I thought the trainer was barking re the naughty corner but we sat Beau in the corner of the room and told her she had to stay there until she calmed down and it definitely works :D She just sits and does a huge sigh and then after a couple of minutes we call her over and she has definitely calmed down although my daughter and I can't look at her whilst she is sat in the corner as we find it very funny and if she saw us laughing would think it was another game. Good luck with everything and you are doing a fantastic job with her :D X
Haha! I love the naughty corner idea! We wouldn't have to use that with Daisy at the moment but who knows as her funny personality starts to come out! I think she definitely has a bonkers streak in there somewhere! :D It is so nice when you see them enjoying themselves, it certainly makes us laugh aswell! Thanks again. x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts