I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Only a week to go to the house move - eeekkk!!!

Also we are on for Poo II hopefully in October and this brings my next challenge. :twothumbs: Can anyone recommend a dog lead that you can use for 2 dogs?

We don't want to have seperate leads and end up twisting by being pulled in two different directions ...... I dont need more back problems.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Kirsty, Cara & Niamh (eventually) xxxx

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Mine are great walking on their double lead now. They walk together side by side, they look like two little ponies! They are better with their lead clipped on to harnesses as they are both inclined to pull on the way to my local park as they are so excited!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys. So excited about moving & poo 2. Really like the shock absorbing coupler will tag that for later.

Can't face any more packing tonight so heading to the pub for a glass of wine & catch up with some friends. Back at it tomorrow xx

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I have always found seperate leads much easier than a coupler. Once they are settled together it is not much harder than walking one but with the coupler if one stopped suddenly to sniff the other one gets jerked to a sudden halt too.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My worry with two leads is that I've already had 1 disc removed from the base of my spine. If I have two dogs going in seperate directions it will naturally twist me. Ok if I'm expecting it could cause injury if not. Xx

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I think you will have to wait and see how it works out when you move up to number 2 - but two be honest if you have both leads in one hand pulling in different directions just count against each other and cancel each other out. I suspect the only time you will have a problem is if they both pull together - but that would be the same whether you use a coupler or seperate leads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.