I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was chilling out with a well earned glass of wine and a packet of chicken flavoured crisps.

Millie for a change decided to sit next to me. In my kindness I broke my golden-ish rule of never feeding her. I gave her a crisp. :cool: She was so cute crunching on it and really enjoyed it. So I gave her another :)

Suddenly, she was like a girl possessed. She couldn't get enough of the crisps. Kept climbing over me, round me, through me... anything she could to get the crisps that I'd by now hidden behind a cushion. :eek:

In the end I gave her the packet with the crisps deep at the bottom. So far its kept her fully occupied for 15 mins. :rolleyes:

Hope I haven't made a rod for my own back. :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh dear! :D

Now everytime you get a packet of crisps she will be all over you :laugh:

My daughter made the same mistake with Eddie when we were eating dinner at the table!!! He normally lays down somewhere while we eat, but my daughter decided to feed him a bit of food and so thats it..... no more quiet well behaved dog at dinner times!!!!!

Back to training :(

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Yes your dog will definitely be around everytime she hears the rustle of the packet being touched now! Just the sounnd & Izzie will come running & jumping on you for them :) Although she is very good now and will sit very adoringly & wait if I tell her to until i've finished and save her a few :) Although she does tend to keep trying to give me her paw so that I give her food sooner :p Enjoy your future of eating crisps with a cockapoo :D

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Haha I like the idea :D
It's funny with my boyfriend when it comes to Izzie, I think I am pretty much the first person to let Izzie try new things because i'm nice :D But luke hates sharing his food! But when she is good and waits I tell him to give her a bit ;) I must say he isn't happy when he's giving food away! (whereas I couldn't care less haha)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
My dad claims to know which flavours of crisps Betty prefers so he saves those flavours for when she goes to stay with them!!!!!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Ok Jules that is really cute!!! the funniest is to watch them eat salt and vingar chips...lol sorry chrisps.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The pic of Lady is lovely!!

I don't know if any of your dogs do this but if Betty is on her blanket on the sofa and i sit down on the other end but have got a handful of nuts or sweets or a coupme of biscuits, basically anything she can see me chewing,she has to clamber all over me to get up in my face to smell what i am eating!! She never does it if i am eating dinner, only if i have snack type food! I do find it quite funny though, luckily she's tiny!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
LOL wispa loves the empty bag of crispa she waits until we have finished and then comes over and takes the bag and turns them inside out!! clever girly :cool:

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Dexter is crisp mad! For a big fusspot who isn't bothered about his food or treats he will suddenly appear at the rustle of a crisp packet! He cleverly sits by and watches the person eating them with such a pleading, mournful face that they ususally give in to him- spoilt pooch!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one who spoils their lovely doggie.

Millie has definitely found a taste for crisps. I told hubby to leave a few in the bottom of this packet and let her have them :eek: Like most men he didn't like giving away his spoils :) But she spent ages working her way into the bag and licking it clean, turning it inside out. :D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts