I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was chilling out with a well earned glass of wine and a packet of chicken flavoured crisps.

Millie for a change decided to sit next to me. In my kindness I broke my golden-ish rule of never feeding her. I gave her a crisp. :cool: She was so cute crunching on it and really enjoyed it. So I gave her another :)

Suddenly, she was like a girl possessed. She couldn't get enough of the crisps. Kept climbing over me, round me, through me... anything she could to get the crisps that I'd by now hidden behind a cushion. :eek:

In the end I gave her the packet with the crisps deep at the bottom. So far its kept her fully occupied for 15 mins. :rolleyes:

Hope I haven't made a rod for my own back. :D

· Registered
389 Posts
Oh dear! :D

Now everytime you get a packet of crisps she will be all over you :laugh:

My daughter made the same mistake with Eddie when we were eating dinner at the table!!! He normally lays down somewhere while we eat, but my daughter decided to feed him a bit of food and so thats it..... no more quiet well behaved dog at dinner times!!!!!

Back to training :(

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Yes your dog will definitely be around everytime she hears the rustle of the packet being touched now! Just the sounnd & Izzie will come running & jumping on you for them :) Although she is very good now and will sit very adoringly & wait if I tell her to until i've finished and save her a few :) Although she does tend to keep trying to give me her paw so that I give her food sooner :p Enjoy your future of eating crisps with a cockapoo :D

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Haha I like the idea :D
It's funny with my boyfriend when it comes to Izzie, I think I am pretty much the first person to let Izzie try new things because i'm nice :D But luke hates sharing his food! But when she is good and waits I tell him to give her a bit ;) I must say he isn't happy when he's giving food away! (whereas I couldn't care less haha)

· Registered
1,862 Posts
The pic of Lady is lovely!!

I don't know if any of your dogs do this but if Betty is on her blanket on the sofa and i sit down on the other end but have got a handful of nuts or sweets or a coupme of biscuits, basically anything she can see me chewing,she has to clamber all over me to get up in my face to smell what i am eating!! She never does it if i am eating dinner, only if i have snack type food! I do find it quite funny though, luckily she's tiny!!!

· Registered
3,045 Posts
Dexter is crisp mad! For a big fusspot who isn't bothered about his food or treats he will suddenly appear at the rustle of a crisp packet! He cleverly sits by and watches the person eating them with such a pleading, mournful face that they ususally give in to him- spoilt pooch!

· Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one who spoils their lovely doggie.

Millie has definitely found a taste for crisps. I told hubby to leave a few in the bottom of this packet and let her have them :eek: Like most men he didn't like giving away his spoils :) But she spent ages working her way into the bag and licking it clean, turning it inside out. :D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.