I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I last cleared out the dressing up box I found two hide bones. I had wondered where they had disappeared to but knew she hadn't eaten them. This evening whilst tidying up under Henry's bed I found them again, hidden in a pile of teddies! :rolleyes: I gave one to her and she intially took it to her bed and then started chewing it then changed her mind and trotted off out into the garden presumably to bury it!

I think she has got the wrong idea of what 'hide' bones are for! :confused:

· Registered
416 Posts
Pepper only hides big Bonio biscuits. She eats everything else given to her but ALWAYS 'buries' her big Bonio. Why is this different? I had thought it was because it was too big and she wasn't hungry but she goes through the motions of hiding it and pretending to cover it up but then eats it 2 mins later. Aren't they funny?!

· Registered
2,870 Posts
I recently bought Biscuit some long cerea chews and for the first time he ran around whining with it in his mouth looking for somewhere to hide it but then settled down to eat it. I think you're right in that it's probably the size and yes, they are very funny!

· Registered
1,371 Posts
George will hide bones, biscuits, cream crackers, doesn't matter what size. He even tries to 'bury' bones ON the carpet.That's right, even when there's nothing to cover it with. His instinct for burying and I must say stealing is very strong lol

· Registered
133 Posts
I was going to post about this last week but forgot.

Archie bury's his pigs ears....I find them in mine and my daughters bed under the pillows almost everyday. Doesn't matter how many times I remove them they are returned.

:)

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going to post about this last week but forgot.

Archie bury's his pigs ears....I find them in mine and my daughters bed under the pillows almost everyday. Doesn't matter how many times I remove them they are returned.

:)
:D I found one of those when clesning this morning aswell! I gave it to her but it has vanished again! Why do I bother buying them? She doesn't seem to go back and eat them at all! :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,363 Posts
George will hide bones, biscuits, cream crackers, doesn't matter what size. He even tries to 'bury' bones ON the carpet.That's right, even when there's nothing to cover it with. His instinct for burying and I must say stealing is very strong lol
Teddy does exactly the same,:). There are bones, pigs ears etc. buried somewhere around the garden and biscuits, chews etc. in the cushions in the house. Recently a Bichon puppy has been coming in to play while her owner is at work, and they have unearthed the bone (months old) and a pigs ear (same) and proceeded to fight over them. I really think Teddy doesn't know what to do with any proper chews, but the puppy is setting him an example by getting stuck-in:D She knows what to do, all right, lol. Hope these horrible things don't do any harm when they have been in the garden for such a long time. Yuck.

· Registered
637 Posts
Ruby occasionally does this with hide bones too - it's either:

Hiding it from her little sister
Saving it for later as a treat
Haven't got time to chew it now

Or a combo of all 3 - she will often leave it for a few days before starting on it.

Only with hide bones - everything else is 'dealt with' immediately!

Ian

· Registered
8,636 Posts
Ha ha ... Mable has never hidden a thing she's much too greedy... I dont let Wilf out with anything or he'll hide them then bring them back in dirty and wet. He'll hide them behind cushions then sit with his chin on the seat of the settee staring at the cushion, on a chair in my bedroom, he used to just hide them in the corner of the stairs but thats a bit too easy for Mable ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.