I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you all know I rather enjoyed having Betty to stay and loved having two dogs. We were very sad to say Good-bye to Betty and despite trying to hatch evil plans to avoid giving her back we knew we would never get away with it ;) !

So I started my search for a breeder...but then we had someone approach the Cockapoo Owners Club Facebook group with a Cockapoo that needed a new home.

It is a sad story, Millie was owned by a lady who was very poorly. When she passed away her close friend looked after Millie but sadly could no longer continue to do so. After chatting with the lady at some length we decided that Millie sounded ideal for our family. She didn't want any money for Millie but wanted us to donate to the hospice that cared for her friend. We feel like it is bitter sweet...we are so happy to have her however it was so sad for the lady as Millie was her last link to her friend. I have promised to keep in touch and send regular updates.

She is 18 months old, we think she is an English cross and she seems to have the Poodle greying gene. She is a complete sweetie, very affectionate but slightly apprehensive of things at the moment. We have all fallen in love with her already but I think it will take a couple of weeks before we see the real Millie! :D

Anyway...enough of the waffle here is my new girlie......

Registered
Welcome poo number 2 (millie)

How good of you to adopt her, she's a really lucky cockapoo (looking at your pics she seems really settled already ):D

Will be looking forward to your updates XX

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She is lovely but id say she has the american cockapoo look. rather than the english. What does daisy think of her.
I am glad you said that Kendal because I think the same thing! I am presuming she is English but I said to Annabel earlier that her face shape made me think American. Shorter nose and position of her eyes. She reminded me a bit of Obi? She is shorter than Daisy (but she is 16inches) but needs to lose a bit of weight so probably weighs the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Daisy is fine with her but I think a bit disappointed at the moment as Millie is not playing much. I am sure that will change though once she feels more confident in her new surroundings. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She looks so so sweet...I am glad our little experiment helped in deciding to get poo number two...even if it was earlier than expected.I'm ever so slightly jealous:D;)
I always knew I would get a second Cockapoo but hadn't planned on it being so soon, but yes it is all thanks to Betty and the way she charmed us all (especially Peter!).

Your time will come. ;) xx

Registered
Aaaaaahhhh Sarah Millie is just gorgeous and what a lucky Poo that she has been adopted by such a lovely family including my No.2 Poo. She looks like she has made herself at home and am looking forward to updates on how she is doing - big hugs to you all :) xxx

Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
:welcome::welcome::congrats::congrats::welcome::welcome::congrats::congrats: Welcome home Millie!

Sarah, she is adorable and I agree she looks more American to me. Congrats on Poo no.2 (I'm a tad jealous btw :eek:) You have done a wonderful thing in rescuing not one but two dogs. Good on you girl! :):twothumbs: I'm proud of you Sarah :) .

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.