I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often break up my walk with a coffee and the staff adore Harley and my friends dog Ronnie when I have him, Well they bring out a bowl of fresh water and I thought I would see what Harley would do if we put a couple of Ice Cubes in it well he loved it sticking his nose in the water to get them out and then he pats them around the floor with his paw and nose its so funny. Has anyone else found their CPs love ice cubes? give it a try its best on a flat surface not grass as they skid better!;)
Will try and get some video.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Lady LOVES ICE CUBES!!!! it is funny to watch her push it accross the floor and if we put them in her water bowl she looks like she is bobbing for apples and comes out soaked! it's funny to watch! and it was great when she was teething!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
When its warm Ive frozen water in the bottom of a soup bowl with a few treats in , then take it out like a doggie lolly... keeps them busy and cool when its hot x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I must try the doggy lolly idea.. thank you Karen.

Oakley loves ice cubes .... it is so funny to watch ...my hubby always gives him ice cubes on hot days .... not enough hot days at the moment :(

·
Registered
390 Posts
Funny u should have put this up! I have currently just given maggie an ice cube to occupy her while im on here. She lives them. Plays with them by sliding them across the floor with her paw and her nose then bouncing away from them again! Hehe! Emma x

·
Registered
390 Posts
This might be a stupid question but how do u freeze water in a kong? How do u stop it running out of the ends? Emma x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
you have to pluck up the small hole, i have hered people do this with bread or cheese. freeze that then put the liquid in and stand it up some hous so it can freeze.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
I don't know if you guys have Zukes training treats over there but they are the perfect size to plug up the small kong hole!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Dexter is playing with an ice-cube on my kitchen floor this very minute and pouncing on it and barking at it- very funny!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
I'd love to try this with poppy, just scared she will grab the full thing and try and swallow it
in that cace take a couple and let them melt them stick them back in the freeze so they stick togeth that way you have a bigger chunk of ice that she cant swalow. to be hounest she will peobably just chace it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
well, since it's been a lovely warm day I took the plunge and gave Poppy an ice cube. She absolutely loved it, spent a while pushing it around the kitchen floor, then picked it up carried it to her bed, in the living room, lay down and spent a good 5 minutes licking it away to nothing :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Funny I just did the same with Oakley ... hes eating his ice cube this very second on the patio .... wow its hot here... can hardly see my laptop screen .. may have to go for a shady walk in the woods ... cool down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts