I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, was wondering if you work at what age did you first leave your pup and for how long, and was there any probs, many thanks

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I work 2 days a week but luckily so far my hubbie has been able to work from home for part of those 2 days. So Lolly is left in her crate for about 4 hours twice a week. This started when she was 10 weeks old. Not sure at what point I will feel I can leave her any longer than that. Fingers crossed hubbie can keep arranging his diary and avoid meetings on my work days!!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Janet, we will get our pup at end of July. My daughter is home fulltime till Sept and I am home fulltime until beginning of Sept (work in a school). My hubby doesn't work Weds and I will go to work at 8.30 back for an hour at 11.30 and then home at 3.30. There will be some times when son will be home as well. I also get all school hols off. So basically we have 8 weeks where someone is home full time and then a max of 4 days a week where he will have some time alone.
Going to use a crate as well so hopefully when he's left he feels safe in his own space. Will get a walk first thing in morn and at lunchtime and of course when i come home from work.
When I got my last dog as a pup I didnt work so going to be slightly diff this time.

·
Registered
606 Posts
We got Rascal at 8 wks and 5 wks into the summer holiday 2 yrs ago !
I also work sch hrs so had reservations about getting him then and going back to school so soon.
We got a crate and all went well the first night, day no 2, got up at 6am, came down to find Rascal wandering around !!:confused:
Checked with my kids, who had let him out ??
No - one, he was so tiny he'd actually managed to wriggle through one of the sides.;)
We spent the week at home playing with him and toileting him outside as much as we could, and also had lots of visitors.
When school started I arranged for my mother in law to pop in, and my son came home ' for lunch ' a few times . My elder son, 17 at time, worked shifts so he was home some days as well.
This all worked well and before we knew it it was Oct half term, and we'd cracked the house training - hooray !!
In fact it couldn't have been too bad as last yr we did it all again when we got Scamp, who was only 7 wks, again at the end of the sch hols :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Rascal was alone for 2 or 3 hrs until someone came, he had his crate and bed, plenty of safe toys and puppy pads !
Then somone would be with him for about an hour, then he was left till my son arrived home, approx 2 hrs !

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
WORK ha ha ha .. I told my hubby I haven't got time for work as I am dog walking or on this forum .. ok I am giggling far too much now .. need to calm down and have a cuppa tea :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts