I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm new to this group. I'm trying to get some advice (not sure if anyone can help) our dog is a beautiful cockapoo. So well behaved but my other half doesn't like her, despite him wanting a dog and for that dog to be a cockapoo. I've never owned a dog before but I relented.

Now 2 years down the line, he doesn't walk her (I'm at work and he's at home) constantly shouts at her and I know that during the day, she's either in her crate or on her bed. Zero stimulation but despite this, she is still a lovely dog.

I want to keep her and if I had to choose, I'd choose the dog over him but if he does go, I'd have to give her up anyway as I'm at work all day and it's not fair on her. I can't afford a dog walker either. If I do re-home her to a home where she is appreciated, then I know that will look bad on me more than him as I have allowed it 馃槥

I doubt anyone has been in this situation. I suppose it just feels good to vent.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It鈥檚 certainly a difficult situation to be in and it鈥檚 lovely that you are thinking about your pups best interests. It might surprise you the number of people that would be happy to walk your dog alongside theirs.
just wondering if your other half might be struggling a bit themselves. It sounds like he wanted the dog, but something is getting in the way of him getting the most out of her companionship. If you were local to us I鈥檇 gladly walk her a couple of days a week. It would be worth asking around any other dog owners you know- they might be happy to walk your dog, possibly in return for you walking theirs another time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts