I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have been reading this forum for several months while making the decision to purchase my first cockapoo.
I have now finally done it and have been to see and choose my beautiful puppy Maggie! I now just hve to wait for three wks until I can take her home! hehe! I am soooooooooo excited.
Your forum has been so useful to me in making my decision to purchase a cockapoo that I had to join as Im sure I willl come across many problems along the way.
Emma x

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is Black with a tiny bit of white on her front. Her coat is really shiney. Breeder thinks the white could grow out a bit cos it has with some of the rest of the litter, so we will just need to wait and see what she finally turns into hehe. Emma x

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am getting her from a lady in scotland, this is just her second litter of cockapoos. Maggies mum is a family pet. Maggie is a bit different to all the cockapoos on here, her mum is a standard poodle and her dad a cocker spaniel. Although her mum is very small for a standard poodle. I see that most people on here have a cocker for a mum and miniture or toy poodle for a dad. It will be interesting to see how big she gets, altho with her mum being so small I dont think she will be much bigger than the others.
Emma x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Hi Emma, exciting times waiting for a new puppy! Our first poodle that we used at stud was supposed to be a miniature but he grew to 17" high and looked like a small standard poodle. We bred him to a working cocker mum and kept one of the pups Marley, for two years. Marley the cockapoo grew to 18" and 18kgs and is absolutely gorgeous. Alas he was a little but big for most customers so we have now downsized our cockapoos to around 15" and Marley and his dad found new homes. I have attached pics of Marley below. Wishing you lots of fun with your new puppy.

Julia

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Julia the pics of Marley are gorgeous. I suppose part of the fun with getting a cockapoo is that you never quite know what you are getting, you just need to wait and see how they turn out.
Lol Tressa Im sure u will cos I just cant wait to get out walking her, shame I cant do it till she gets all her jags.
Emma x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
ooooo where abouts in scotland are you getting her from.

my girls are all minni cross' their dads are related and my girls range from 16"(Delta) to almost 19"(Inca)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup it was in Lanarkshire. I had seen an advert on epupz or somewhere like that. Was chuffed cos knew I could then visit before we took her home etc, thought for a while I was going to have to get her from down south. There dont seem to be many people breeding them up here.
I have been looking into this since august last year, but didnt really wanna get her until we were into the better weather. I booked 2wks off my work in May to settle the puppy in, and decided I would just find one. Then this advert appeared and the pups are ready to go the night i finish work for my holiday. So it was like this was meant to be!
Emma x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts