I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have been reading this forum for several months while making the decision to purchase my first cockapoo.
I have now finally done it and have been to see and choose my beautiful puppy Maggie! I now just hve to wait for three wks until I can take her home! hehe! I am soooooooooo excited.
Your forum has been so useful to me in making my decision to purchase a cockapoo that I had to join as Im sure I willl come across many problems along the way.
Emma x

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is Black with a tiny bit of white on her front. Her coat is really shiney. Breeder thinks the white could grow out a bit cos it has with some of the rest of the litter, so we will just need to wait and see what she finally turns into hehe. Emma x

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am getting her from a lady in scotland, this is just her second litter of cockapoos. Maggies mum is a family pet. Maggie is a bit different to all the cockapoos on here, her mum is a standard poodle and her dad a cocker spaniel. Although her mum is very small for a standard poodle. I see that most people on here have a cocker for a mum and miniture or toy poodle for a dad. It will be interesting to see how big she gets, altho with her mum being so small I dont think she will be much bigger than the others.
Emma x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Hi Emma, exciting times waiting for a new puppy! Our first poodle that we used at stud was supposed to be a miniature but he grew to 17" high and looked like a small standard poodle. We bred him to a working cocker mum and kept one of the pups Marley, for two years. Marley the cockapoo grew to 18" and 18kgs and is absolutely gorgeous. Alas he was a little but big for most customers so we have now downsized our cockapoos to around 15" and Marley and his dad found new homes. I have attached pics of Marley below. Wishing you lots of fun with your new puppy.

Julia

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Julia the pics of Marley are gorgeous. I suppose part of the fun with getting a cockapoo is that you never quite know what you are getting, you just need to wait and see how they turn out.
Lol Tressa Im sure u will cos I just cant wait to get out walking her, shame I cant do it till she gets all her jags.
Emma x

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup it was in Lanarkshire. I had seen an advert on epupz or somewhere like that. Was chuffed cos knew I could then visit before we took her home etc, thought for a while I was going to have to get her from down south. There dont seem to be many people breeding them up here.
I have been looking into this since august last year, but didnt really wanna get her until we were into the better weather. I booked 2wks off my work in May to settle the puppy in, and decided I would just find one. Then this advert appeared and the pups are ready to go the night i finish work for my holiday. So it was like this was meant to be!
Emma x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.