I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or does anyone else have the same lack of 'technical skills' to use the site properly.

I check all posts via New Posts and I presume I shouldn't miss any (although I still get surprised that something has completely passed me by for days :confused:)

But I just tried to remove some threads that I didn't want to look at under Quick Links - Mark Forums Read. Which by the very nature of the title should tell me I'm about to do something stupid :confused::) But no, I carry on and delete all the New Posts :mad::mad::mad:

I have an idea, I must find that link to Dave the Administrator about functions we'd like to have. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Grrrr you've made me do something odd to the site now too! I went to investigate the mark read stuff and what else is in the quick link thing (that I've never noticed really before) and now whenever I click the new posts it says there aren't any. Before it would just tell me there weren't any but the below threads had unread posts. It doesn't do that now!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Right I still can't get the site back to how I had it! Have you managed to work out how yet Julie? Before I had the new threads at the top and then older ones under the bold type about threads not being updated since my last visit but having unread posts. Help!!!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Julie .. I laughed when I saw this thread .. I am terrible at using this forum .. I always just go to New Posts .. oh and I did used to use the User CP to see threads too... I know how to PM people and I know how to add pics .. I am not techy at all but I am great at cuddling cockapoos... ha ha ha...

See thats why I need my hubby he is great at helping me with my blog... ha ha ha.. I am quite clueless when it comes to that sort of stuff.. You can't be good at everything... ha ha ha .. I am great doggy gal, and a good mum .. well I try anyway xxx

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grrrr you've made me do something odd to the site now too! I went to investigate the mark read stuff and what else is in the quick link thing (that I've never noticed really before) and now whenever I click the new posts it says there aren't any. Before it would just tell me there weren't any but the below threads had unread posts. It doesn't do that now!
I think you'll find you did what I did. Mark all posts as read. You'll have to wait for new ones to start coming in again!

Glad its just not me :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yep an especially big DOH moment from me as you had already warned it would happen!!! As new posts and threads are coming in it seems to be going back to normal!

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Here's how this works:

When you visit the forums, any threads that have been updated since your last visit are marked as new.

If there are threads that you still haven't read but have not been updated, they are no longer new, but are simply unread.

If you open/read a thread and the thread is not updated by your next visit, that thread is marked read.

When you choose the mark all forums as read option, the last option is applied to all threads. Unfortunately there's no way to un-do this.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Thanks, I marked all my threads as read last night - it's so liberating! Now I just have to read the mountain of posts from overnight - there are a lot of night owls on here :D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
You see Im so not techy that Im not going to go and see what you did lol and when I read Daves post it was just .... nonsense to me... no disrespect Dave its that old adage its not you its me.... x I just check new posts but if you have nt been on for a while you can still miss the odd post as it moves down the line as you end up re-reading ones you have posted in just to follow up x

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi all
thank god im not the only 1 who does not know what im doing on here?

iv only put 1 post on and people have replied to it but i read the first ones ok but i can not find now where to get the rest? i know they are here some where but i cant find them, by the time i reply the dog walk they wont me to go on will be 6 months gone aaaarrrrrrrr
just having a moment.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What I would like is the date the post was started with the title so That at a glance I could see how old it was !
I've thought this would be a good idea too. There is a sticky thread running under Site Discussion, where if you put this idea forward, Dave the Administrator will reply :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am hopeless at this stuff, I've not managed to upload any photos, I get very confused about threads I'm in,end up reading everything over and over and my eyes glaze over when reading anything technical.I bet no-one else managed to delete all their own information without even trying

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
What I would like is the date the post was started with the title so That at a glance I could see how old it was !
There is a date at the top left hand side of each thread/comment and also time - this is what I go by to see when a thread was started and when someone commented :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
we have had our puppy Hugo for 10 days. I have no idea how to upload a photo but I am so grateful for all the info I have got from this forum it has he been so useful, so thank you everyone and our puppy is a joy.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Hugo
The easiest way to upload a photo is to open a Photobucket account. Just google and they'll come up. Upload a photo from your computer onto your Photobucket Account. Once its uploaded, you can hover over the picture and a box appears next to it. Click on the last option IMG Code and it says Copied.

Then when you come onto here and you're on a thread you can Paste the picture directly in the Reply/Thread box.

Good luck. Looking forward to photos of your lovely puppy.
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts