I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half of dog owners will make their pet a special Christmas dinner.

Nine in 10 of them will leave a present from Santa for their pet under the tree, with four in 10 spending £10 and one in 11 blowing over £100, according to a survey of 1,000 owners.

Toys are the most favoured present of choice, but pampering with collars, leads and clothes also top the list of most desired presents

Saw this report today - wonder if the numbers would be the same if they asked a 1,000 cockapoo owners! ;)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Yep I am in those figures ... oops .. well my poos are my life and I love them ...

Had to hold myself back but its confirmed .. they have been spolit by Santa Paws ...

Dog cushions, doggy cracker, pigs ears, special heart.. oh and Picnic a new big girl collar as a bonus gift .. oh and Equafleeces ..

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
special food....nope she has had a bad tummy so not this year....present under the tree...yup from me and my husband....and at my mom's too....I did also hang a stocking for her lol! spend more than $100 no way....lol i spend alot on the regular.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
God Vincent is going to be SO spoilt over Christmas - me and boyfriend have already spent about £60 on him! He's getting a new bed, new toys, a doggie stocking and a new food bowl set. We're really going to become one of those couples that spend all their money on the dog...!!

I think he'll be getting a portion of Christmas dinner, so turkey, some plain mash, some veg. And we have doggie choccies for his dessert!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
There is no way Betty won't get some turkey! I've bought her 2 new toys, a stag bar, an equafleece and some pet head shampoo, my mum and dad have bought her things and even the dog walker bought her a doggy stocking, so she is one very spoiled pooch!!!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
There is no way Betty won't get some turkey! I've bought her 2 new toys, a stag bar, an equafleece and some pet head shampoo, my mum and dad have bought her things and even the dog walker bought her a doggy stocking, so she is one very spoiled pooch!!!
I am fairly sure my boyfriends grandparents have bought Vincent something, I know his mum and brother have!
It's funny - he's like the first grandchild in the family ;) They're all fighting to see him!! God know what they'll (and me!!!) be like once we start having kids (not for AGES hopefully!).

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I am fairly sure my boyfriends grandparents have bought Vincent something, I know his mum and brother have!
It's funny - he's like the first grandchild in the family ;) They're all fighting to see him!! God know what they'll (and me!!!) be like once we start having kids (not for AGES hopefully!).
It's just lovely how much part of the family are dogs become isn't it!!!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I agree! Getting Biscuit is the best thing we could ever have done and it makes Xmas so special this year. He has a number of new toys under the tree! He so much a member of our family now. He has been such a blessing. I've lost both my parents since 2009 and I so wish they could have seen him as they were very anti-pets but I'm sure he would have won them over!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Deefer has a pressie under the tree already and he has been very clever and bought pressies for his two girlfriends who are also going to be in our house on Christmas Day. (only problem is they are both unspade and he is yet to go for his op so will have to watch him like a hawk!)

Sue

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've ordered Poppy's Christmas present, but unfortunately it won't arrive until after Christmas.
It's a Chow Bella, bowl. They are all hand made, and the lady who does them mhas had quite a big list for Christmas.
There's a few different types, depending on the breed/size of your dog. There's a spaniel bowl and a king charles spaniel bowl, with a tappered opening so their ears don't flop in their food. The site recommends the spaniel bowl for cockapoos but, after chatting the the lady who sells and makes them I ordered the king Charles spaniel bowl. As Poppy, like a lot of the American crosses I've seen has a shorter nose, and it will be easier for her to get to the bottom.
Here's a link to the site

http://www.chow-bella.org.uk/index.html

Simon and Poppy

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ooooooooh jules the pet head shampoo is more of a treat for us! It's lovely.
Maggie has a stag bar and a replacement for mister monkey her fave toy, she also will get the giblets from the turkey cooked up to have with her normal food. Up untill now she has already been very spoiled with toys and tests from my friends, here she is with her favourite thus far a gross chicken thing my friends wee girl bought her.

Emma x

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.