I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tuesday 31st March 2020, my six year old boy (human) went out of the rear patio door to the garden and without looking closed the door behind him. Unbeknown to him our 9 week old cockapoo (Dotty) had started to come through the door and subsequently it trapped her left paw causing injury to the top of the paw area etc. Post incident we immediately took Dotty to the vets who conducted an X-ray where it was confirmed that the paw was not broken but badly bruised and swollen etc. The vet gave her a pain killer and provided us with pain killer medicine for the next 5 days etc. Since the incident Dotty is walking with a limp and obviously trying to protect the injured paw from weight bearing exercise. From what we can tell, Dotty doesn’t appear to be in a whole lot of pain and is her chirpy usual self in respect of play etc, which is pleasing considering the trauma she’s been through.

in close, has anyone else ever experienced something like this and roughly how long does anybody think she’ll take until she’ll be walking properly again minus the limp.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts