I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally chose a puppy at 6 weeks from the original litter that we have followed from birth, but we changed our mind when we saw them as our 1st choice as he had the flatest coat and we were worried he would shed!

We collected him yesterday and his 1st night was very good, 1 pee on the paper and only a little howling, which soon stopped.We have decided not to get a crate The breeder gave us some of his food, Royal Canin puppy 1st food but he hasn't really eaten much! We want to change as my sister has Labradoodle and said Royal Canin made him too hyper!

What do others feed their puppies?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Hi Alexis
I was given Royal Canin by my breeder and Millie didn't seem to eat very much. We then swapped to Science Plan as the vets gave me a sample bag and she seemed to enjoy it, but went off of it after a week or so. Then we swapped to Arden Grange as my sister in law uses that. But the same thing happened. It seemed she just didn't enjoy kibble food.

So I read loads on this forum about the Barf diet and Natural Instinct. After running it past my hubby I decided it made more sense to feed this type of diet and swapped over. Its now been 8/10 weeks since I introduced her to it and she hasn't gone off it once, she loves her food :D

Quite a few new puppy owners have swapped their puppy's over straight away.

:)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hi Alexis,
You will find lots of threads on food on this forum and most of us are of the opinion that a diet containing natural ingredients and no cereal is the healthiest. An increasing number of us are feeding Natural Instinct or other forms of BARF.
http://www.naturalinstinct.com
If you want to keep to a dry kibble but would like really good ingredients, then try to find one with natural ingredients that is cereal free. The best is probably Orijen, followed by a few others such as Applaws. The third option is a wet cooked food such as Nature Diet, which several people on here are feeding. If you put any of these into the search bar on the forum, you will find lots of discussions on them, but feel free to ask anything that you want.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
I was also given Royal Canin by my breeder, however I was allergic to it so I had to switch her the next day....I now feed her on Orijen which is as close to the raw diet as you can get in kibble form.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts