I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

This is Cara's Donkey

She's had Donkey since leaving Jukee Doodles and is still her constant companion and bedtime toy.

Sadly Donkey has been to the Kirsty Hospital for sewing up on numerous occasions and has exceed the 9 lives of a cat.

My concern is what happens when Donkey is past the point of recovery, this little fella is her best mate? Any other toy won't do ... Tried that one!!

Easy answer is get a replacement but where, trawled the Internet & can't find one .... Help

K xx

· Registered
2,534 Posts
That picture is tooo cute for words!! Sami has a monkey he loves and is on his 2nd one now! It went with him to the vets the day he was neutered and the tech took a picture and sent it to me with him waking up and there was Monkey right beside him!! Everybody needs to be on a Donkey Hunt as I know exactly how attached they can become!! Good Luck . . . keep sewing!

· Registered
2,008 Posts
I found one i found one !!

Doris the donkey from pet planet uk

Not a perfect match but close enough??

Buddy has a couple of stuff toys that im constently sewing up and washing he just loves them so much!

· Registered
1,318 Posts
A replacement will never be the same ;) It won't smell right.

I don't think you need to worry as Lolly had a favourite toy that she would bring to bed at night (I wasn't a good mummy and didn't sew it) and did so even when it was just the leg left!!! She moved onto another toy herself.

Now she very frequently goes and gets a soft toy out of her toybox and brings it up to bed when we tell her it is bedtime (soooo cute) but it can be a different one each time.

· Registered
8,636 Posts
Oh Kirsty I was going to say the same as Janet, its probably the scent rather than the toy, I'd maybe get a new toy take it to bed with you to get rid of the new smell then when she's not using Donkey maybe put Donkey and the new toy in a bag together to try to transfer any smell... just a thought :eek:

· Registered
10,005 Posts
Lady has had some favorites...and she tears through them...tho she seems to shift from toy to toy.....I wonder about the scent thing too...maybe take old donkey and rub it on a new one of similar size and shape...then remove old donkey to see what happens. otherwise...I will be keeping my eyes open for a new Donkey

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.