I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi everyone

Well the pup who had no name now has one. Kennel version Betty Boop bossy knickers - or just betty for short. The three hour journey home went quite well . As i was undecided about the cage / blanket on the lap issue i decided to take both. I sat in the back with the cage door open and she spent the first two hours alternating between the two ( although really she wanted to explore the whole car!!) The last hour she curled up in her cage and went to sleep. No toilet accidents or sickness at all. The rest of the afternoon/evening she spent exploring the house and the gardens and you would never have known that she had only just arrived - she is so confident. i think the pictures show she has already settled in. I was a bit apprehensive on the first night but needn't have worried, she cried three or four times during the night but only for a few mins each time and last night she did not cry at all. Both mornings to our amazement we found her cage was clean.That's not to say there have not been any other little accidents and she seems to want to go anywhere but where we want her to go in the garden!!!
She was off her food for the first day but seems to be getting her appetite back today but still has a bit of a runny tummy which is to be expected.
So all in all a very good start. She really is a little charater and am sure she is going to keep me on my toes. OK ramble over - I'm sure she will be waking up soon!! I will post more pics when I get the time!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Aww, she looks so comfy on the cushion! Great to hear that journey home was fine and that Betty aka Bossy Knickers has settled into her new home really well.

In awe that no 'presents' in the crate in the morning - did you let her out during the night?

Look forward to hearing lots more about her and keep those photos coming! Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Karen

No , in fairness did stay up quite late as so many interested friends visiting but just took her out before going to bed. Was amazed we had no early morning presents - still it is only day two, I've probably well and truly jinxed it!!!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh Betty is just gorgeous. So is that lovely cushion! She is very privileged to be sat on such a thing (looks a bit Cath Kidston to me!)
It does look like cath kidson but they were actually in a sale at bhs for a fiver each - bargain:D
Colin

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Lovely update on No Name ... I mean Betty ... great name for her.

She is cute and fluffy ... enjoy your bundle of fluff, she looks spoilt already on her pretty cushion :)

xx

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Betty is beautiful!! Is she american or english? x
She is English, Mum is a golden show type cocker and dad is a black and white toy poodle. At the moment she looks much more like dad. I think she is going to be a real curly wurly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts