I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if Arthur is the only one who doesn't seem to like soft bedding/blankets etc. He prefers to sleep on the wooden or tiled floor.

I thought first of all that it was because he got too hot near the fire', but recently he has started to come upstairs to bed with us and he gets on the bed but doesnt settle for long so we but blankets and bedding near the bed - he ignores these and lies on the hard floor?

My mother in law has said he will get bad joints if he doesnt have some padding - how true this is I dont know, but I cant force him to lie on something he doesnt want to - he even scrapes his blankets up in his crate to lie on the plastic !

Also does anyone else have a grumpy poo just at night - I know Im not the most sociable when tired but at night he hates being fussed, wont get up on the sofa to be near you and if you get on the floor to stroke him after about 5 mins he gets up and walks off!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Sounds like Betty....she will often prefer to sleep on the floor in the evenings
even though she is allowed on the sofa/chairs etc...she will even take herself off
to the hallway which is tiled...but I think that is because she gets too hot and the tiled floor is cooler. I would not say that Betty is grumpy at night but she
IS much more affectionate first thing in the morning with lots of cockapoo cuddles and kisses xx

·
Registered
853 Posts
Nacho will lie on comfy bedding but is quite happy to lie on the hard floor too. For example, right now instead of sleeping in his lovely padded basket he is sleeping awkwardly beneath my office chair over the legs of it. It looks horrendously uncomfortable. I can't imagine it'll do any harm to their joints though so wouldn't worry. Can't comment on the grumpiness (I can't get rid of my limpet dog at nights) but they are all different and again wouldn't worry at all!! :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Colin & Susie, I think it is a heat thing with him and the cold floors and he is such a bundle of fun all day it makes me laugh that he is a moody sod at night (as I said I can be too so cant blame him that much ha ha) :D

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Obi's fav spot is the granite hearth on the fireplace (it's nice and cold when it's not lit) or by the back door where this is small draft! I've given up worrying about it. I'm certain if they were uncomfortable they would move.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Dexter is exactly the same. He has a lovely selection of blankets and beds as well as the sofa but all he wants is the cold kitchen floor or the marble fireplace in the sitting room. He also loves to sleep by any outside door where he might find a draught!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeh Arthur likes the stone hearth too - he is currently asleep with his head on it!! We were thinking of getting a small soft dog bed for our bedroom as he is sleeping upstairs now (the husbands doing!!) but Im thinking its going to be a waste of money as hes not going to use it!!
Funny lot arnt they!!:D
Just thinking in the summer hes going to need a BIG trim to keep him cool! (thats if we have a summer this year!! :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.