I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
HAHAHHAH!!!!! he looks like he is enjoying that.

i have given lady a little bit of ice cream before....she loves it!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I often mix cooked chicken with Izzy's kibble, she loves it. She ate nothing but boiled chicken mixed with boiled rice, boiled carrot and some broccoli from 8 weeks (when I collected her) to five months old because she was very unwell passing mucus and blood in her poo. Eventually I was able to introduce some kibble. She has also had plain yogurt. Dairy is not good for dogs so don't give good quality ice cream that will contain a lot of dairy.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Millie is on Natural Instinct, which is minced up raw meat, bones, veg, salmon oil and kelp. They say if you run out to just feed normal human food.

Millie likes ice cream too :D

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Oh god I give my dogs bits of everything! (as long as it's not something I know they can't have like chocolate and grapes etc)... But my dogs get fed loads of human food, so far they're fine, i'm sure it's not a problem :)
Izzie loves chicken! & cheese, she'll do just about anything for some :)
I wouldn't worry, just enjoy your dogs! & spoil them ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
hiall im new here today. 3 weeks ago i got my 6month cockapoo,im sure she had been cruely brought up. she was petrified.when i got her home for few days she had runs and blood mucus. the vet suggested chicken and white rice.shes now on kibble and chicken and iv been told she has delicate stomach.the lady i got her from z she had bought her i think for breeding.im wondering now why she was selling. how do these cruel people get away with this. maybe she was selling her as wasnt good foer breeding etc.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Wel Buddys on NI but i fed him the odd chicken and veg thats left over from our sunday lunch.
He is also well known for table surfing ,in total so far he's eaten left over pizza,a sausage sandwich,ham sandwhich and two vanilla cupcakes!!!

His favoutite non dog food treat is still horse poo im afraid!

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
I give obi tuna and salmon and veg scraps from dinner but nothing with cereal in it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mine get chicken wings for breakfast with kibble and our leftovers for tea. I watch the fat content and dont give anything thats bad for them.

Last night they had a chicken wrap each that the boys didnt want. My old collie would eat anything that was left including the hottest curry and he loved chilli LOL I started just by giving them a mouthful of different things to let them get accustomed to it and now they have just about anything. With two pre-schoolers I have lots of waste going on so would rather the dogs had it than it went in the bin!

On one of the John Rogerson course I did he discussed that he believed a lot of dogs problems with food came from owners feeding them a restricted type of food only which meant any change in that or even if the manufacturer made changes some of the dogs had trouble coping. He recommended introducing the dogs gently to a variety of different foods so they could cope with changes easily.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Stela loves strawberries and mango :confused:...she also eats chicken, rice, potatoes, green beans, pumpkin.. real omnivore!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pickle has his dry food but has had (small amounts) of roast chicken, steak, natural yoghurt, grated cheese .. think that's about it for now. Doesn't seem to have given him any problems in his tum yet.

My friend has a lab who literally eats anything, even hot chilis o_O

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Pleased to read this as Binky was given by daughters few bits of left over roast chicken tonight. I did worry a bit as I cooked it with olive oil and salt and pepper. An hour after she ate it she drank nearly half a bowl if water :eek: she seems fine though and had normal poo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
lola and Lulu enjoy a tin of sardines in tomato sauce between them as a treat usually mixed with kibble to soak up the sauce. Lola swiped a handful of onion rings my daughter hadn't cleared away quickly enough. Tonight Lola has taken a chunk out of the sponge base of a cake my daughter is making for a friend. It was cooling on the side but not quite out of reach!

·
Registered
818 Posts
As long as it's not on the 'do not feed list' (which I almost have memorized) my kids get a little of anything. Yesterday it was slightly burnt bread, apple peels, and a little oatmeal I didn't want.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Do snails count? Binky is obviously French as they are top menu choice..she ate an entire one shell and all before I could get it out of her mouth :eek:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I must be really mean then reading this thread as we don't really give Lolly any human food. We made the decision when she was a pup that we certainly wouldn't offer titbits from our plate or left overs as we didn't want a dog that begs or bothers you at the table.
If she is lucky Lolly will get some cooked chicken but that's about all! She did get sausage, chicken and cheese when she was younger as training treats. Now I just tend to buy high end (high meat content) dog treats which she loves so we use those.

She would love to eat all the things I've read you give your dogs as Lolly will eat anything! So now I'm feeling a bit mean but as long as your dogs don't tell Lolly then she'll never know so please swear them to secrecy!!!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Other than her doggie food (and freeze dried liver treats and chicken wing tips), so far Coco has had the following as training treats:

Cheese (think this gives her a slightly softer poo tho')
hotdog sausage
Apple
Carrot
She also hoovered up some walkers baked crisps my daughter dropped!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts