I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Ludde for two weeks now. He allready knows quite a few tricks and commands - and seems very eager to learn.

Is it too early to start teaching him all these commands? He doesn't seem to mind at all, but I keep thinking that I might do something wrong?

He's a REALLY quick learner as well. Is that typical cockapoo?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
frokm the day you get him he started learning from you. if he wasnt ready he wouldnt be doing it. so far Delta knows sit and down (still being led by a treat) she has learnt to pee pee on command on a pad but not outside. its harder training her to pee outside as i have to find the kitten first to makesure he doesnt get out so she has learnt more on pads than i would have liked.

all dogs prograss at different levels, just dont get disopointed if he starts going backwords at some point it will just be him testing the watters of what he can and cant do.

so what can he do what trick? :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what can he do what trick? :)
Sit, lay down, sit up, "gi labb" (it means "give paw"), stay, go ahead (after staying waiting for a treat), go up, go down, "sitte bamse" (sitting like a rabbit - right now he's jusing my arm as support, but he's getting the picture :) ). And he pees on command.

He's just overall very bright. At work he's not allowed outside my office, so I ask him to stay (I have my door open). He's a really good boy and stays :)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
sounds grate, the only thing i would sugest is to maybe leave the sitting like a rabbit one for when he is a couple of week older maybe a couple of months, you dont want to damege his back when its still growing.

if he is going to do iot on his own their isnt much stopping him, like Gypsy walked on her back legs on her own from a very early age, but it can in some cases cause problems. shes fine now but its someting i wouldnt incourege at an early age.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hiya, my cockapoo started puppy training at 9 weeks old and he learn't to sit, down, stand, and I try to walk him to heel but he is tugging at the lead all the time, he stays when I feed him and now he does roll over, he is a clever little fella he knows where his toys are and how to find his kongs if we ask him and when we say walkiies he goes over to where his lead is hanging and sits and watches so he knows what we are saying to him and oh he knows the word time out! these cockapoos are very clever it must be the poodle in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts