I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my Cockapoo puppy was first born she had a light brown streak underneath her tail and a little bit on the side of her paw so my Breeder thought she was stable however those markings are now gone she’s more chocolate what do you think? do you think she’s actually a chocolate or a sable

please let me know your thoughts thank you so much

·
Registered
4 Posts
From the pictures, I'd say chocolate although with the fading poodle gene, there is a good chance she may fade to more of a cafe brown color. Beautiful puppy. Our puppy that we are picking up in 2 1/2 weeks is borderline red/dark apricot but I'm expecting her to lighten with time since most cockapoo owners that I know have seen their dogs lighten over time as opposed to darken.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the pictures, I'd say chocolate although with the fading poodle gene, there is a good chance she may fade to more of a cafe brown color. Beautiful puppy. Our puppy that we are picking up in 2 1/2 weeks is borderline red/dark apricot but I'm expecting her to lighten with time since most cockapoo owners that I know have seen their dogs lighten over time as opposed to darken.
Thank you so very much for sharing your VERY helpful insight. I realize that with this particular breed, anything can happen. But I sure hope she stays chocolate! LOL I agree with you about the possibility of her turning into a cafe brown as her mom is apricot and dad is a very deep chocolate. I expected her to lighten up a little by now but instead the light areas turned dark chocolate which is why I was so confused when the breeder said Sable. But now the breeder isn't sure what she is as this is the first litter bred with this particular sire/dam.Thank you also for your kind words about her being beautiful. I think so too!. :)It seems as if we both will be picking up our puppies around the same time. Yay! Mine will be 8 weeks on February 25 but we'll probably pick her on on March 1st. I can't wait! Have you selected a name for your new puppy yet? My little girl will be named Daisy! 🌼

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
She is very beautiful - looks chocolate now but with the way they change so much could well end up different as she grows up - not long to go now!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is very beautiful - looks chocolate now but with the way they change so much could well end up different as she grows up - not long to go now!
Thank you so very much!! That’s exactly what my breeder said. I’ve just never seen a Sable that was completely chocolate like this one....most have at least some coloring but I guess anything is possible. LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so very much for sharing your VERY helpful insight. I realize that with this particular breed, anything can happen. But I sure hope she stays chocolate! LOL I agree with you about the possibility of her turning into a cafe brown as her mom is apricot and dad is a very deep chocolate. I expected her to lighten up a little by now but instead the light areas turned dark chocolate which is why I was so confused when the breeder said Sable. But now the breeder isn't sure what she is as this is the first litter bred with this particular sire/dam.Thank you also for your kind words about her being beautiful. I think so too!. :)It seems as if we both will be picking up our puppies around the same time. Yay! Mine will be 8 weeks on February 25 but we'll probably pick her on on March 1st. I can't wait! Have you selected a name for your new puppy yet? My little girl will be named Daisy! 🌼
We are naming her Lucy. Here is a picture of her :)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
She’s lovely! Definitely looks chocolate to me but they change so much.

Dano62, Lucy is adorable. Our neighbours cockapoo was the same colour(maybe a bit lighter) and he is now a nice apricot colour.

We’re bringing our little guy home in about 4 weeks and are super curious what he’ll end up looking like as well. He’s a dark reddish brown with some black markings. Here’s a couple of pics. Hoping to get more soon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are naming her Lucy. Here is a picture of her :)
Hi Lucy!!!! She is absolutely Stunning 🤩

Dano62, Lucy is adorable. Our neighbours cockapoo was the same colour(maybe a bit lighter) and he is now a nice apricot colour.

We’re bringing our little guy home in about 4 weeks and are super curious what he’ll end up looking like as well. He’s a dark reddish brown with some black markings. Here’s a couple of pics. Hoping to get more soon.

View attachment 131120

View attachment 131121
Robyn,

Your guy is as handsome as ever. I love the distinction in his coat, that marvelous marble caramel and gorgeous waves. I seriously have not seen a chocolate pup so absolutely beautiful and unique in color! He's definitely going to steal a few hearts when he gets home!

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 131120

View attachment 131121
Handsome pup and love the unique color!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Lucy!!!! She is absolutely Stunning 🤩

Robyn,

Your guy is as handsome as ever. I love the distinction in his coat, that marvelous marble caramel and gorgeous waves. I seriously have not seen a chocolate pup so absolutely beautiful and unique in color! He's definitely going to steal a few hearts when he gets home!
Thank you! We were leaning toward a red pup, but when we saw this little guy we were smitten. He’s definitely unique. Can’t wait to see what all of these sweet pups look like as they grow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts