I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we are new to the forum and are hoping to adopt a cockapoo in the very near future. We have been in contact with a lady who's female cockapoo has given birth to a litter (dad is also a cockapoo, also owned by her). We have pictures of the parents but are unsure if one is actually a cockapoo. We would really appreciate some opinions from the I❤MyCockapoo community. Picture below. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I would be more concerned with what is probably a total lack of health tests and just a mating of the two dogs they have. The ears look a little more labradoodle shaped than cockapoo but that could just be the angle the photo is taken at

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that is what my husband thought too. She did tell us that she had carried out the recommended health checks on parents and has the paperwork to show us. It is a first contact but it is a huge concern that one of the parents may not be as described.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would be more concerned with what is probably a total lack of health tests and just a mating of the two dogs they have. The ears look a little more labradoodle shaped than cockapoo but that could just be the angle the
I would be more concerned with what is probably a total lack of health tests and just a mating of the two dogs they have. The ears look a little more labradoodle shaped than cockapoo but that could just be the angle the photo is taken at
Thank you, that is what my husband thought too. She did tell us that she had carried out the recommended health checks on parents and has the paperwork to show us. It is a first contact but it is a huge concern that one of the parents may not be as described.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
If possible I would meet the parents and see if you like them as dogs. Cockapoos are crosses in the first place and a cross between two cockapoos can create a whole variety of results so if I liked the dogs in question and health tests are in place what the parents are would worry me less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts