I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, in the last house we lived in, we noticed greener grass where the dogs sat. And in this house too, where the dog sits the weeds are taller than the rest of the yard. Is that weird? I'd heard once that dog urine kills plants... But the weeds there are at least twice as tall as weeds in other areas of the yard.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
You will probably notice that you will get lawn burn on the exact spot where your dog pees. However, there are very good nitrates in dog pee which the grass (and weeds!) love and that is why the area surrounding the burn patch is normally lush and grows at a faster rate than the rest of the lawn. chasing after your dog with a watering can to dilute their pee immediately, will help prevent lawn burn! Simples!

Karen x

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
You will probably notice that you will get lawn burn on the exact spot where you dog pees. However, there are very good nitrates in dog pee which the grass (and weeds!) love and that is why the area surrounding the burn patch is normally lush and grows at a faster rate than the rest of the lawn. chasing after your dog with a watering can to dilute their pee immediately, will help prevent lawn burn! Simples!

Karen x
Ah, I was just going to reply saying how weird, because where Rosie goes, the grass is all burned!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, see, there is no grass burn at all! It's just really lush. In the house before the house we just moved out of (We move a lot....) there was a lot of grass burn, but in this house and the last, none. I get the nitrates, that makes sense now, but.... No burn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe you should bottle Angel's pee and sell it to gardeners - you could make a fortune!

Haha, I had briefly contemplated naming this thread "Angel as a fertilizer?" or something of the like... I just may buy a couple of plants and see if it actually does help them grow (have her pee on them of course, if I can get her to), or if it's just weeds reacting with it well... xD maybe that's how I'll make my fortunes that I've been planning on making for two years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts